• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

OK, but I wouldn't be that general. I think you really mean Central Canada (ie - Ontario and Quebec). I've lived in the Atlantic region, and they aren't part of the problem. They're in kind of the same boat (no pun intended) as the west.
One of the problems with the Federal system is that the sub-divisions are very disproportional (in both size and population), but it isn't likely that smaller provinces will agree to amalgamate, or large ones to break up into medium sized ones. Even if there was agreement, these would require constitutional change (with a national vote), so unlikely to actually happen.
Then why do they insist in overwhelmingly voting for the Red Menace (TM) time and again?

Red Menace? I don't care for partisan politics. One party isn't any better or worse than any of the others, IMO. Those that get into power usually do similar things (such as not listening to average Canadians, pandering to party members, not fulfilling all election promises if not politically necessary, etc.).

Red Menace? I don't care for partisan politics. One party isn't any better or worse than any of the others, IMO. Those that get into power usually do similar things (such as not listening to average Canadians, pandering to party members, not fulfilling all election promises if not politically necessary, etc.).
You need to get a sense of humour, you'll live longer.

We’ve never seen a PM like this before. No, they aren’t all the same.

And now she’s walking some of her tough talk back. Maybe she decided to actually read the Canada User manual.

That article is bullshit. The ASA has always intended to respect SCC decisions.

That article is bullshit. The ASA has always intended to respect SCC decisions.
So she never said this: "If a court stays or ultimately deems that the actions undertaken by the province under a specific Alberta sovereignty act special motion is unconstitutional, then the government and Legislature will have to review the special motion actions in question and make a decision as to whether or not to amend, end or continue with them, understanding the legal implications such a decision could cause,"

Or what her campaign chair said , "The idea is that it doesn't matter what the Supreme Court or the federal government says about it, if it attacks Albertans, the interest of Albertans, and it attacks our jurisdictional rights, we simply won't enforce it with any provincial agency."

Seems pretty cut and dry about what her intentions were in regards to the SCC.

I’m glad she’s walking back the nonesense she was saying before.

So she never said this: "If a court stays or ultimately deems that the actions undertaken by the province under a specific Alberta sovereignty act special motion is unconstitutional, then the government and Legislature will have to review the special motion actions in question and make a decision as to whether or not to amend, end or continue with them, understanding the legal implications such a decision could cause,"

Seems pretty cut and dry about what her intentions were in regards to the SCC.

I’m glad she’s walking back the nonesense she was saying before.
This. She said what she said. Now she gets to act like she didn’t really mean it, but she’ll do so by ignoring the facts of some of what she said in the first place. More likely she got read the riot act and has come to realize that the rule of law includes respecting the decisions of the judiciary and that that’s part of what you have to accept to play at politics in any meaningful forum.

This made me think of the convoy when I read it.
Oh good, cause that’s how I want to go out. Murder-death-killed at an intersection by a wrathful, sentient cube van loaded with President’s Choice frozen butternut squash.

Oh good, cause that’s how I want to go out. Murder-death-killed at an intersection by a wrathful, sentient cube van loaded with President’s Choice frozen butternut squash.
A load of frozen perogies, better?

Im pretty sure there is a Stephen King Book/Movie about that AC/DC did the sound track ;)

You need to get a sense of humour, you'll live longer.
@KAT, I don't know you, but I'm starting to, and what I see you frequently doing of late is jumping into a heated debates and throwing in what I think you are trying to convey as sarcasm/humour, but you do it so deadpan that it's coming off as snide, not convivial.

Maximum Overdrive. Who made Who by AC/DC. Great movie and great song.

Over Your Head Joke GIF

Back