• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Free time vs Work

jackel_99

Inactive
Reaction score
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but what are the hours like when your not out to sea ? I know that it ranges from 3 - 8 months that your actuially out , but what is it like when you are in dock , do you get free time? weekends off ? just curious

thanks

Just taking this off the recruiting vid for MARS, but I believe it states when not at sea its normal garrison hours like the army your basic 8-4 or whatever, with your normal weekends and holidays off.

DexOlesa said:
Just taking this off the recruiting vid for MARS, but I believe it states when not at sea its normal garrison hours like the army your basic 8-4 or whatever, with your normal weekends and holidays off.

However, it's worth remembering that there is generally a duty watch aboard a ship that's alongside; they can't just turn out the lights and lock the doors at the end of the day.  The 8-4 routine will also include some "sleepovers" from time to time as a few members of the ship's company stay aboard on a rotating basis to keep the ship secure, deal with any emergencies in the ship (or in nearby ships), etc.

Thanks guys , thats kinda what I was thinking but wasn't too sure, I have no problem working , I just also like time with the family

Thats just because its going to take up all the time I would normally use to get one of my onw ;D

Back