• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Force or Express

Firefly11

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm going to be submitting my application in early 2014 and was wondering if I should be training in preparation for the FORCE or EXPRESS physical test.

I can't say for sure but as far as I know all regular forces are going through the FORCE test now and reserves are still doing EXPRESS but again I can't say for sure. There are a few posts on here already with more details on the FORCE test.
https://www.cfpsa.com/en/AboutUs/PSP/DFIT/Fitness/FORCEprogram/Pages/About-the-FORCE-Program.aspx

As far as I understand it, the FORCE Testing is used strictly for qualified Regular Force personnel because this is the "probationary/testing" year.  CF Express is apparently still used for everyone else, including Recruits.

DAA said:
As far as I understand it, the FORCE Testing is used strictly for qualified Regular Force personnel because this is the "probationary/testing" year.  CF Express is apparently still used for everyone else, including Recruits.

Do you know if it will remain that way for next year? I don't want to end up preparing for the wrong test

Firefly11 said:
Do you know if it will remain that way for next year? I don't want to end up preparing for the wrong test

If you prepare for the CF Express Test, which you should be doing, you should not have any problems completing the FORCE Test.  So if you are out jogging/running, doing pushups/situps and improving your grip strength, you may want to add "squats" as a precautionary measure.  Do these and you will breeze through the test, which ever one it is.

Firefly11 said:

I've spoken to quite a few CF member, young and old, that actually prefer and found the FORCE test a lot easier than the EXPRESS test. I've been preparing myself for the EXPRESS test and I think with that preparation, I SHOULD be good to go for the FORCE test if I'm require to do it at BMQ.

DAA said:
If you prepare for the CF Express Test, which you should be doing, you should not have any problems completing the FORCE Test.  So if you are out jogging/running, doing pushups/situps and improving your grip strength, you may want to add "squats" as a precautionary measure.  Do these and you will breeze through the test, which ever one it is.

I am more "athletic supporter" than "athlete", but agree fully with DAA. Good advice as I can do both tests.

Just did the FORCE evaluation today, and I asked about this, because I have a buddy going to St. jean fairly soon...

FORCE evaluation will be implemented at BMQ sometime after 1 April 2014. CF EXPRES will be the fitness test until then.

As for the FORCE evaluation, I found it similar to circuit training with PSP, and actually can say that it was the first pt test I've enjoyed performing...

Good luck to everyone,  and rock it out!

Rev

Back