• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fire in St.John's

Island Ryhno

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey folks, just thought some of you may like to know that there was a fire here at the base in St.John's this morning. Two PMQ's have been destroyed, no one has been hurt to the best of my knowledge. I'll keep you updated as I get more info. I believe both houses were occupied by service personell.

No Injuries in Apartment Fire
May 26, 2005

No injuries in a fire in an apartment building in Pleasantville this morning. The blaze broke out just after 9:30 in Building 508, situated on Placentia PLace, just off Charter Avenue. There was one person home in the apartment where the fire began - he awakened to a fire alarm and MP's shouting for residents to get out of the building. There were no injuries to either firefighters or people who lived in the complex. The fire gutted two of the four apartments in Building 508. An investigation is now underway into the cause of the fire.

Sorry, just got this off the web, seems everyone was ok!

3 military families homeless after blaze
WebPosted May 27 2005 08:04 AM NDT
CBC News

ST. JOHN'S  â ”  Investigators are trying to determine the cause of a fire on Thursday morning that left three military families in St. John's homeless.

No one was injured in the blaze, which ripped through a three-unit building in Pleasantville.

Supt. Bill Holwell of the St. John's fire department described the heat and smoke from the blaze as intense.

Dennis Frenette, who lived in the building, known as PMQ or private marriage quarters, said it hurt to see the damage.

"I'm trying to hold it up for the family. I'm a little nervous right now," said Frenette, a naval student.

Frenette said many of his family's possessions were lost in the blaze. "It's all black there â “ I can't see there being any of [my daughter's] toys left."

Cmdr. Gary Reddy of Canadian Forces Station St. John's said the military's main goal is to secure temporary housing for the three families, and then locate them in another quarters.

Just an update, one of the wives works with my wife, they are taking a collection at the workplace for them. Apparantely everything was lost and these families are left with nothing. Very sad.

Back