• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

finger printing and security clearance

supertitanfan1

Inactive
Reaction score
i was wondering if someone might have an answer to this for me:

waiting on my fingerprints to come back from the RCMP, obviously i have a record. but my problem, well not problem but issue is that they were sent over 4 months ago and nothing seems to have been done yet and that is ok as i understand that it can take up to 6 months, and really if i kept my nose clean i would not be in this position.

but my question is i have a friend who just got his prints sent off no more than 2 months ago and his recruiter has already called him and told him that they are back and everything is fine. now i know i am not wanted or have been charged with anything more than what i originally told the recruiter. and it was my understanding that when they get sent to the RCMP they just go on the bottom of the proverbial "pile", so how does someone who just got his sent in 2 months ago get word back before me? and i have called the recruiting centre and they just keep telling me it can take up to six months. 

Whenever we deal with an outside agency we have no control over what they do. When I say "outside agency" I mean out side the Forces. We don't even have anyway to do a check to see where they are or what is being done with them. We are completely at the mercy of the "Queens Cowboys". All I can say is you'll have to wait. I know its not much help but its where we're at.

Hang in there it will happen.

The difference might be in the format used. If your fingerprints were done by "ink and roll" they were mailed to the RCMP who then scans then for computer comparison and take up to 6 months (or more). If your friend had Digital fingerprints they are sent electronically to the RCMP and the comparison database they use is also digitized. Much quicker. We have gotten digital prints back in less than 6 weeks.  If they were done digitally then your file manager should check to ensure they were not misfiled. It happens sometimes.

OK, just got a call from my recruiting centre with some great news. my fingerprints are back and everything is good, medical is good and back round check is good.  but the petty officer that called with this good news said i needed to come in and do another interview because i have switched some trade choices, as in i have reselected armour crewman as my first choice and chose different ones for my 2nd and 3rd choice as well because my original trades filled up while i was waiting for my fingerprints.

my question is do things start to happen quickly now? i know every situation is different but in general what happens now? is it basically the same interview process?

thanks in advance for any insight.

It's great to hear your application has progressed so well. I share your excitement in reaching this point. Remember your first interview and treat your second one the same or improve on it. Think of answers to questions explaining why you changed your choices (1st, 2nd and 3rd). Once you have done that, don't sweat the small stuff. This second interview is definitely small stuff, as long as you treat it the same as you did previously.

The process after the 2nd interview will be the same as anyone else, you will be offered one of your choices, merit listed and loaded onto a BMQ course. The timeline to BMQ from this point, as always, is hard to estimate.

Supertitanfan1,
If as you say everything was done if you only need an update interview based on new trade choices it should be quick. Remember to ask your MCC what the next steps are and how long they anticipate to be. If you are ready to go ASAP tell them that. It should be quick now. Best of Luck.

Back