• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

File potentially lost?

Bassil_Inf

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day everyone,
I completed my testings and was emailed saying I had been merit listed July 16th, and that my file is now with my unit I'm applying to. This was sent to my July 25th from the captain at the CFRC. I contacted my unit today (Augest 06) and the recruiter of my unit told me he hadn't received my file yet, and that oversized packages may take some time. Do you think my file was lost seeing the big gap between being merit listed and today? Thank's for the input.

Don't sweat it yet, you're ahead of me and I applied before you with 3 years previous experience and I'm behind you... Just stay in touch with them, they should let you know if there's a problem.

DarkInfantry232 said:
Good day everyone,
I completed my testings and was emailed saying I had been merit listed July 16th, and that my file is now with my unit I'm applying to. This was sent to my July 25th from the captain at the CFRC. I contacted my unit today (Augest 06) and the recruiter of my unit told me he hadn't received my file yet, and that oversized packages may take some time. Do you think my file was lost seeing the big gap between being merit listed and today? Thank's for the input.

You answered your own question.  Take a deep breath and relax.  "Some Huns look for solutions to which there are no problems"  ~Attila, quite some time ago

Kat Stevens said:
You answered your own question.  Take a deep breath and relax.  "Some Huns look for solutions to which there are no problems"  ~Attila, quite some time ago
I did a little of my own research and MAXIMUM Canada Post take's 5 days to ship for normal shipping from Toronto to Brampton. Im really concerned now as I've been told the my unit has my file by CFRC July 23rd, but the unit doesn't.

It is possible that your file is lost, I know several people who have had that happen, but it is also possible that Canada Post is taking longer than usual. "max 5 days", have you never received anything snail mail? I can tell you right now 5 day max is a bunch of hooey.

Maybe double check with the Unit, if they still don't have it ask them how you should proceed?

The worst case, they lost your file and they will figure that out with you, it might take some time but delays are all a part of military life, if my family's careers are any indicator, lol.

I know it's frustrating but you'll get everything sorted out. Hang in there.

What is in your "file"? If secure documents are sent via ground mail, it should have been registered, with a tracking number, I would think.  Second, how can your recruiter tell you it's with the unit when they never sent him confirmation of receiving it?  Magic 8 ball?  In my experience these things hardly ever just disappear, it's sitting on somebody's desk who is on leave, on course, or some other thing.

Back