• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Federal Government & Union spar over returning to office

Says the guy not in a position to have to do it, and with no understanding of what the workspaces are like. Imagine being told to report to base, but every time you came to work you reported to a different unit's building, and then called your WO to confirm you were indeed on base. You'd be complaining loud and long as well...

If there was a coherent plan, with assigned desk spaces and the need for in office collaboration people wouldn't be complaining nearly as much.

But it's easier to just believe that all PS workers are lazy and entitled...
Some PS employees are entitled. Some. If they are lazy, they should get shown the door whether at work or remote.

What I see described from your description is a leadership fuck up. Now, I was an infantry soldier. I was out before the pandemic but our job wasn't a remote job anyways. If your on deployment, thats obvious. If your on FTX, thats obvious. But in garrison, infantry do lots of PT (Best done supervised), clean and maintain equipment (can't do remotely) and it gives leadership a chance to see their guys regularly to better understand their personal welfare (In the military thats a leadership responsibility, in civy life, its not, kind of sucks)

Some PS employees are entitled. Some. If they are lazy, they should get shown the door whether at work or remote.

What I see described from your description is a leadership fuck up. Now, I was an infantry soldier. I was out before the pandemic but our job wasn't a remote job anyways. If your on deployment, thats obvious. If your on FTX, thats obvious. But in garrison, infantry do lots of PT (Best done supervised), clean and maintain equipment (can't do remotely) and it gives leadership a chance to see their guys regularly to better understand their personal welfare (In the military thats a leadership responsibility, in civy life, its not, kind of sucks)
It’s also an institutional fuckup when said folks don’t have the required spaces, etc to work in. Asking yourself “will I have space to work today” isn’t a glowing recommendation to go back to the office for reasons, especially if Teams meetings dominate the work day.

Also, your CAF job can’t be done remotely but let’s say it can. Would you not want the option to do so?

Surely you’re not suggesting OC Transpo is terrible and incapable of delivering reliable, predictable service to one of the city’s largest single employment hubs just off the highway and a couple of major roads?
What, are you suggesting another moon landing? Are you nuts?

:)

Yesterday, the parking at Carling was "interesting" .
I was already coming in early, now I'm planning to be even earlier.

Unfortunately, it seems many other CAF members have chosen the same plan.

I was already coming in early, now I'm planning to be even earlier.

Unfortunately, it seems many other CAF members have chosen the same plan.
I'm riding my bike for as long as possible. There is always parking for them inside the wire!

What, are you suggesting another moon landing? Are you nuts?

:)
Carling is served by three bus lines. The most direct to / from Tunney's (connection to the rail to get downtown or points east) is rush hours only, every half hour. The meandering ones that also end at Tunney's, taking twice as long, run day long, also on a half hour schedule.

The semi express bus (#66) has an unfortunate habit of running 2-3 minutes early on the afternoon, meaning a half hour wait for the next one.

There are other buses which have a stop about a km away. There is a bike path for about 3/4 of the way there, not winter maintained, and for the rest of the way it's walking alongside a highway onramp.

There are other buses which have a stop about a km away. There is a bike path for about 3/4 of the way there, not winter maintained, and for the rest of the way it's walking alongside a highway onramp.
Oh that one where you cross Moodie and the 417 on/off ramp to get to the bus stop?
Ya, that nobody has been clipped yet is a miracle.

Carling is served by three bus lines. The most direct to / from Tunney's (connection to the rail to get downtown or points east) is rush hours only, every half hour. The meandering ones that also end at Tunney's, taking twice as long, run day long, also on a half hour schedule.

The semi express bus (#66) has an unfortunate habit of running 2-3 minutes early on the afternoon, meaning a half hour wait for the next one.

If only the Army had vehicles it could use, and drivers, to help its troops get to and from work ;)

Back