• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Federal Government & Union spar over returning to office

Lots of space in 101 these days lol.
As of last year at least, there were entire floors in both NT and ST that you can play floor hockey in.

They took all of the cubicles out and basically it was just carpet.

Or overnight
As someone who sometimes does shifts in my current job, I actually rather work the overnight shifts.

In general, there are less distractions, traffic isn’t as bad, parking is easier…I get more work done.

Somewhat related to this topic: DND moving 1,000 employees out of Ottawa office building due to safety concerns

The video mentions that the "safety concerns" are related to assaults on employees.
Rideau and Cumberland’s a bad spot by Ottawa standards. Half a block from a large shelter, it’s in drug central, and between the Rideau Center and the liquor store. While I’d feel alright walking there if necessary, my phone wouldn’t be out and I’d very much have my wits about me. I wouldn’t ever suggest to my wife that she walk there.

Rideau and Cumberland’s a bad spot by Ottawa standards. Half a block from a large shelter, it’s in drug central, and between the Rideau Center and the liquor store. While I’d feel alright walking there if necessary, my phone wouldn’t be out and I’d very much have my wits about me. I wouldn’t ever suggest to my wife that she walk there.
I prefer to walk on Stewart to avoid all the terribleness on Rideau, but I work in 101, which makes it an option.

I haven't been to downtown Ottawa in many years, so I'm not very familiar with the area. Thanks for confirming that.

Back