• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Feb 2008 BMQ- ALL locations

Timmano

Inactive
Reaction score
Just got my call This morning, Getting sworn in this Thursday and flying to St Jean the 3rd of Feb. Anyone else Going for the 4Th of Feb for there BMQ?
My Trade is Vehicle Technician.

Yup - got my call this morning too. I swear in on the 30th and I get into St. Jean on the 2nd of Feb to start on the 4th :)

AVS Tech is my trade of choice.

Excited?

There you go, all of you going in Feb 2008 for BMQ, this is the thread.

Milnet.ca staff

Yes I'm Very Excited on going and hoping to meet a lot of new friends in the armed forces

where are you coming from??

I'm going up there from Ottawa - recruiting through Hamilton though.

kewl - that's gunna be a bit of a flight then - I'll be there on the 2nd - hopefully we'll run into each other at some point :D

I just got my call today as well. Getting sworn in on the 30th at the Mississauga recruiting center. Cat are you flying down or hitching a ride ?
oh yeah and my trade is Infantry

Not 100% sure - I'm moving all my sduff back to Ottawa area so I'v ehad to change my travel arrangments - waiting to hear if it's train or plane.

Hey guys got my call this week to , getting sworn in on the 25th and i can just drive down to st-jean (1h30 min drive) i was wiondering if they mix english and french recruits together since i speak both fluantly...

anyhow , i hope i get to see all of you in my unit

S.Sleigher

(P.S.: I have a weird last name , should be easy to remember , you be hearing it yelled a lot from our drill instructor ^^ )

Last I checked you got trained in the official language of your request provided you were fluent.

Don't worry you'll be hearing mine alot too - most likley for my horrible horrible air cadet "bounce"

what day are you travelling?

Im not sure yet , probly on the 2nd or 3rd

and as for language since i speak both i im still not sure , the person in charge of my file said i might get shipped to any base in canada since the french ones are always so full

so figured out if u were driving in or flying yet ?

well unless I magically find a car of my own before the 2nd it'll probably be train and then shuttle up to the school.

It's funny - I'm sitting at my university going - wow will I be glad to be gone - this place is messed up

I know I'll be there on the 2nd though - so I'm just aiming to make sure I can get a shuttle from wherever I get in. $100 for a cab seems a bit ridiculous even if it is re-imbursed

I'm still waiting for my clearance...Ihad to send fingerprints in, that was done last Nov19 2007 and I still havnt heard jack yet! I have never been more ready than I  am now...IM just really anxious to get up ther with you guys! Please hope for the best for me will yaz!! :cdn:

yeah cat , specialy when it comes out of your pocket and you only get your money some months later

and whats that bout finger prints ???? never had to send any
?

I think it was because I had a DUI back in 2000. They said its standard that they may ask you for prints if you have a Record.. But thats all. My C.O said the wait can be up to 3 months! Its already been over 2.

I think you need to be pardon from any offence what you may have on you. That what my recruiter told me, then again i could be wrong

He told me the same thing but only in the future because if that was the case my C.O would have said just forget it and that you're not gonna get in! Besides if that was the case about the pardons - there would be nobody in the military! They just want to make sure that the charge is the charge and nothing else abroad or anything like that! i know alot of guys who have more severe charges than a dumb dui and have managed to get in just the same. Anyways my fingers are crossed big time just the same!

I know i believe you guys, its just that my recruiters knew from the get go that I had that dui..why would they make me do my medical, get prints etc etc etc if they thought it wasnt worthwhile?

Back