• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Favourite Canadian tv show?

As I understand it, the 70s "Spiderman" cartoon was a Canadian production (correct me if I'm wrong) And that tune haunts everyone. But I didn't know that RRH was also a Canadian production. Are these cultural highlights?

My ex left me because I stayed up at night to watch these cartoons on Teletoon...

...the fact that her sister was with me had nothing to do with it ;D

Hmmm ... curious ... I found the Spiderman lyrics on the same website as RRH ...
(but, then again, after the Ramones did the Spiderman song ... it just wasn't the same ... although once again my five-year-old loved this song, too)

Spiderman. Spiderman.
    Does whatever a spider can.
    Spins a web, any size.
    Catches thieves- just like flies.
    Look out! Here comes the Spiderman!
    Is he strong? Listen, bud.
    He's got radioactive blood.
    Can he swing, from a thread?
    Take a look overhead.
    Hey, there! There goes the Spiderman!
    In the chill of night, at the scene of a crime.
    Like a streak of light, he arrives just in time!
    Spiderman. Spiderman.
    Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman.
    Wealth and fame? He's ignored.
    Action is his reward.
    To him, life is a great big bang-up.
    Wherever there's a hang-up,
    you'll find the Spiderman!"

Trailer Park Boys
Un Gars, Une Fille
That comedy show about a fictitious police unit in BC
Comedy, Inc.
This Hour has 22 Minutes
Royal Canadian Air Farce
SCTV
Corner Gas
Kids in the Hall

I'm sure there's more i can't think of right now..

.. What ever happened to the good ol' Red Green Show?

You and me both.....awhile ago it aired on the APTN channel....

HNIC!  :cdn:

If that doesn't count, I'll say 22 minutes (before Rick Mercer left, especially!)

We play drinking games to "To Serve and Protect" you have to chug your glass every time you see a shirtless, drunk white guy with a mullet.

My favorite shows? Trailer Park Boys, SCTV, Truth Duty Valour, Forbidden Places, HNIC (coaches corner)

Enzo said:
As I understand it, the 70s "Spiderman" cartoon was a Canadian production (correct me if I'm wrong) And that tune haunts everyone.

You'd be surprised how many american tv shows are Canadian owned or filmed in Canada. The WB (I think thats what it is called) has pretty much all of its shows produced by Canadians and filmed mostly in Vancouver.

Stargate SG-1 is filmed here in Vancouver the so called Stargate facility happens to be a decomissioned Canadian Facility
21 jump street was another program filmed in Vancouver

The movie White Chicks was filmed partly in Vancouver there are a few scenes that were filmed on  Chilliwack's Wellingdon ave. Last fall
yes it is amasing how many Canadian shows that are out there.

Back