• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Extra things to bring (but aren't on the list) to camp

After the chilly nights at Blackdown this year, bring:
                                                                          1) Extra Wool Socks
                                                                          2) Polypro Top and Bottom (the U.S. stuff works really well but is bulky)
                                                                          3) A winter hat
                                                                          4) Civi Sweaters
                                                                      you can bring all of this or
                                                                          5) Sleeping Bag

I highly recommend bringing the sleeping bag as it will keep you warm and you don't need to tearapart your bed.

Just my $0.02

qyrang said:
I highly recommend bringing the sleeping bag as it will keep you warm and you don't need to tearapart your bed.

Unless your forced to sleep in your bed by the Bagotville base commander. We learned how to make our beds pretty quickly in the morning.

This is of course for Bagotville.

Making it is part of the "experience" but when you are doing duty band and cannot afford to waste anytime in your tent, a sleeping bag comes in handy. For those of you who don't know, the CL Band raised the flags quite often the year leaving us with 10 minutes to make our tents immaculate and help the weaker people in your tent. I'm not complaining that we didn't have enough time, it's that we had 3 CL's in a CLI tent. Although it was hard, it was worth it because of the exuberant amount of maturity...or lack there of.

Imbeault said:
I always thought making your bed was part of the camp experience...?

It is, and I'm glad they made us do it. I learned a lot more doing it that way. Just that the people who went to basic last year weren't expecting that since we did not have to do it then. If you did get caught sleeping on your blankets there goes your bed completly. They liked riping the bed apart if someone tried that.

Criminy.... Whats on the list +

1. Pens
2. Extra Towel
3. Foot powder.

Done.

If you *really* need to bring some comforts, I say go for the para cord and duct tape. And a disposable camera. I can honestly say - these will be some of the best memories of your life, believe it or not.

And maybe some of those chocolate laxative squares to slip in your pudding (Teaches people to stay away from your desert)

Well, the last one was mostly because I had a guy in my platoon that would steal everyone's deserts. Of course, the jerk took it, only to say he wasn't hungry and almost threw it out. Until, that is, a quick thinking young cadet decided to call a pudding eating contest; and the victim started wolfing it down. Funniest part - Halfway through, he stops and says with the most enthusiasm I had ever heard from him, "Hey guys! Mine's chocolate chips in it!". We had no choice but to tell him - he couldn't figure out why we were all falling out of our seats laughing.  ;D>:D

That's friggin hilarious!!  I love it!
I found the best extra peice of kit I brought was by far tons of ziploc bags, bungy cords and metal tent pegs. The plastic ones won't fit through the holes of your hootch.

sigopgirl said:
That's friggin hilarious!!  I love it!
I found the best extra peice of kit I brought was by far tons of ziploc bags, bungy cords and metal tent pegs. The plastic ones won't fit through the holes of your hootch.

We just used sticks (we were only issued 1 peg each) and sharpened them with our "lathe, foot" (Jamming the stick against a rock with a boot and spinning it).

Ziplocs can come in handy for toilatries... But I left out the ones I normally use on an FTX for rain protection, because in 15 weeks over 3 years I only saw 1 day of rain.
Bungies would of also come in handy, especially with the mega-hooch me and my section slept in. (Hoochie hotel, anyone?)

One I forgot -
4. Deck of cards (especially on CLI rifle coach - plenty of time wating for your relay to shoot)

BRING MORE THAN ONE LOCK  :threat: I am Tired of hearing Sir my wallet is missing. :threat:

primer said:
BRING MORE THAN ONE LOCK  :threat: I am Tired of hearing Sir my wallet is missing. :threat:

+1!! And make it a combination lock - The MP's are busy enough.

Do they still hand out that award for the coy with the most cut locks?

Klc said:
Do they still hand out that award for the coy with the most cut locks?

oh yes they do, I believe Bravo won it this year in Vernon but I may be wrong.  I know it wasnt charlie, again this year though lol

Cadet Warrant-Mann said:
oh yes they do, I believe Bravo won it this year in Vernon but I may be wrong.  I know it wasnt charlie, again this year though lol

Echo got the bult cutter award this summer.  Bravo was no where close to getting that this year.

I remember the days when the winners of that prestigious award earned the right to do Pt with the MPs for a day  ;D

CaDeT_MaStErBoMbAdIeR@2853 said:
Baby wipes
Hand sanitizer
Ziploc bags
Body lotion
Mr. Clean magic clean erasers
Swifer dusters
Oust or Febreeze
Alarm clock
Air fresheners (those ones that sit on tables and stuff)
Mini lantern flashlights (set on tables to use after lights out or when your power is out and you can't see anything at 10 [ k3 in connaught])
Foot powder

Is there any need to repeat your self over and over in different threads?

Back