• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Excuse my thickness, but....Recent Posts

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
... how does one find the 'most recent posts' like the last version on here?

Any assistance would make this ole Digger 'appy.

Thanks,

Wes

Wes, scroll to the bottom of the Home page to see the last ten posts, or the bottom of the main forums page to see a listing of the latest five.

Or, you might be looking for the 'buttons' in the top right corner under "USER INFO":

Hey, Snuffy/Bloggins/Whomever, you have 0 messages, 0 are new.
Total time logged in: 48 hours and 48 minutes.
Show unread posts since last visit. <--------(This is probably the one you want)
Show new replies to your posts.
June 07, 2004, 11:48:48

Well, what about jumping right to the last post on a thread like we were able to do in the last version of the forums (were able to click on the poster's name at the right to jump to the last post, but now that just pulls up the person's profile)? I prefer to look at each post rather than showing all of the latest.

Casing said:
Well, what about jumping right to the last post on a thread like we were able to do in the last version of the forums (were able to click on the poster's name at the right to jump to the last post, but now that just pulls up the person's profile)? I prefer to look at each post rather than showing all of the latest.
I asked the same question: answer is that he can't change it wrt the coding...
a workaround is if you have read that thread before, click the title of it and it should jump to the first unread post.

There's also a "NEW" button that shows up when you use these two options:

Show unread posts since last visit.   <-- "NEW" botton takes you to first unread post after you last visited that thread

Show new replies to your posts. <-- "NEW" button takes you to the next post after YOUR last post in that thread

(takes a while, and some experimentation, to get the hang of it)

bossi said:
There's also a "NEW" button that shows up when you use these two options:

Show unread posts since last visit.   <-- "NEW" botton takes you to first unread post after you last visited that thread

Yes, I just tried the NEW again and it does indeed do what I want it to.  The first time I visited the forums after the new software was loaded I tried the NEW button and it did nothing.  Perhaps I missed actually clicking on it then.  In any case, I'm happy.  Great changes to the site.

Back