• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Esquimalt IPSC

catalyst

Reaction score
Wondering if somebody could pass along an email for the Esquimalt IPSC - wondering if its possible to do practicum there for social work because it would look quite interesting. I don't have DWAN anymore and my person who usually finds it is out of office.

The IPSCs are not structured or mandated to provide clinical care. If you want a SW practicum in a military environment, then you should contact CF Health Services Centre (Pacific) to inquire about that possibility. I'm assuming that you are currently a SW student in an accredited program.

I'm not looking for a clinical practicum - I'm just a baby BSW and have an interest in the whole return to work, transition, etc.

There are no social workers at the IPSCs.  Maybe your academic program does not require a certain level of supervision or oversight from suitably qualified individuals for a practicum.  If so, then it is more like job shadowing then a practicum, which implies work in your particular field.

CombatDoc said:
There are no social workers at the IPSCs.  Maybe your academic program does not require a certain level of supervision or oversight from suitably qualified individuals for a practicum.  If so, then it is more like job shadowing then a practicum, which implies work in your particular field.

Actually, there is.  The Family Liaison Officer, which is seconded from MFRCs, is a qualified Social Worker, and only work with families. However, you are correct in the fact that IPSC do not provide any clinical care.

dileas

tess

Back