• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrolling into the reserves then the Regular Forces - Appreciate suggestions/tip

Bassil

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,
For along period of time now, I've been very excited and motivated in pursuing a career with the Canadian Forces, in specific, the Regular Forces NCM. My brother currently is in the CF, and I my self am planning to enroll.
I've completed grade 10, going to grade 11 this September and am turning 16 in approximately four months, and was thinking of joining the CF Reserves this year once I turn 16.
My question is, if I join the CF reserves, will I be able to transfer to the regular forces upon completion of highschool? Will the process take long? I'm planning to enroll into the Reg forces as soon as I finish grade 12.
I would appreciate the tips/suggestions, thanks ;)

Yes you can transfer to the Regular Force from the Reserves.

It will not be a quick process,  it can take months +/-  some people have waited up to a year.

IMO if you want Reg Force as soon as you are finished High School don't join the Reserves,  just start the application process for Reg Force during your grade 12 year.  In the end you will take a position away from someone who wants to be in the Reserves for a few years,  and will be worthwhile for the unit to spend money on/train, etc.

Also,  these questions get asked it seems on a weekly basis,  next time try searching before asking a question.  If you brother is in the CF have you talked to him about any of this?  Or did you go straight here?

He told me exactly what you said, I just asked to get more broader suggestions, yes you are right, be patient and just enroll into the Reg, thanks mate. Cheers.

Back