• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliabilty

ssedlezky

Inactive
Reaction score
I looking to see if anyone has any insight as to the process I am going through. I am applying for Infantry Reserve, and have completed all the tests with results over the minimum standard. I have been waiting for my application to clear the deck commander at the recruitment centre, and now have learned the deck commander is not granting me enhanced reliability because of a bankruptcy I have been discharged from 6 years and 8 months ago, I did not see that the bankruptcy on my credit report from Equifax so I never brought it up. also to note that prior to applying I cleared up any and all past due or almost past due accounts and one collection item that was $363. With all that I was told by the MCC handling my file that it has been sent to Toronto in an effort to have the clearance granted there, and if not to have it sent to a review board with appeal options. Just another side note I have also recently been granted my pardon, I made it clear on my application that I have a criminal record and my pardon is in process, which came back clear by the time a cpic was done. Any help on this matter would be great. Thanks.

ssedlezky said:
not granting me enhanced reliability

Security Check/Level Superthread (incl dual citizenship) - Check Here First 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/1399.0
35 pages.

ssedlezky said:
I did not see that the bankruptcy on my credit report

The Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13319.0
17 pages.

ssedlezky said:
I have a criminal record

Criminal Record (merged)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12896.0
12 pages.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Thank you for your quick reply, however I have already been through those post, yet did not find any further insight towards how the clearance would be granted at the second review, or at the review board. Also I must of mucked up my question with those side notes, I was looking to lessen the reasons people would comment as to why I was not granted the clearance. The reason given by the deck commander was the bankruptcy from 6 years 8 months ago. I guess my ultimate question would be how can I better myself in the area that brought upon the clearance denial if the other options fail to grant me clearance? And if I am not granted clearance after these options are exhausted, am I left unable to ever apply again?

Good Day,

I have been doing security clearances for years and have never heard of a second review or review board; although things may have recently changed.  But with that said, if the reason to deny your ERC was the bankruptcy (which stays on your record for 6 years with Equifax and 7 years with Transunion; although you should still declare that information if you are asked if you've claimed bankruptcy whether it's cleared or not) and the decision was by the det Commander than my suggestion is that you ask if applying after the 7 year mark would make a difference and if not what can you do to make a difference.

As you stated the det Commander was the one who refused your ERC so you would need to follow up with them.

Best of luck

Thank you for your reply, and the great advise. I also was a little shocked when the MCC told me the det commanders decision, and could not give me more details on my file because my physical file was delivered to Toronto CFRC to have the det commanders boss or the Toronto det commander make a decision if or if not to trump the original decision. Further to that I was told that the review board, being a very formal process to plead my case as to my past transgressions that lead to my bankruptcy. Just to add an odd note, when I spoke to the local unit I am looking to join, I was told my application was being pushed through and I will receive a phone call from the local units admin in a month to be enrolled into the unit. Well not sure what it all means, but the wait is starting to become more exciting.

Some update info on my side, through the years I dealt with those already in - the process for Pre-Enrolment ERC differs slightly.

Being that your ERC was denied by the det Commander, a Review Board is automatically triggered.  At some point in time you will receive paperwork to complete to "plead your case" as you put it.  The Review Board will take this into consideration and make a recommendation on what should happen with your file.  If your ERC is still denied by the Review Board there is a further appeal process that you can request.

Please note that although your local unit may wish to enroll you ASAP that the Reliability Check approval process rests with the CFRC chain of command and you cannot be enrolled until this part of the process is cleared up.

Back