• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dynamic Manta

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
The OP involves ships from 10 countries including Canada.

https://www.stripes.com/news/europe/us-navy-and-allies-showcase-strength-teamwork-and-anti-submarine-tactics-during-dynamic-manta-1.570429 

image.jpg

A Canadian helicopter zips past frigates as it scouts for submarines during a demonstration on Monday Feb. 25, 2019, near Sicily at the start of Dynamic Manta, a 10-day anti-submarine warfare exercise.
SCOTT WYLAND/STARS AND STRIPES

tomahawk6 said:
The OP involves ships from 10 countries including Canada.

https://www.stripes.com/news/europe/us-navy-and-allies-showcase-strength-teamwork-and-anti-submarine-tactics-during-dynamic-manta-1.570429 

image.jpg

A Canadian helicopter zips past frigates as it scouts for submarines during a demonstration on Monday Feb. 25, 2019, near Sicily at the start of Dynamic Manta, a 10-day anti-submarine warfare exercise.
SCOTT WYLAND/STARS AND STRIPES

Surprised about the door art, anyone have close ups?

I noticed that too which was more like USN thingy then I thought the article misidentified the aircraft, but then I saw the maple leaf rondel.

LoboCanada said:
Surprised about the door art, anyone have close ups?

Pretty sure it says "Raptor" with some kind of Raptor (dinosaur) that looks like it needs some ADHD meds.

Nice helo though. Sad I won't get to fly in them. Maybe someone can take me for a famil flight this summer in Shearwater?  :nod:

standingdown said:
Pretty sure it says "Raptor" with some kind of Raptor (dinosaur) that looks like it needs some ADHD meds.

Nice helo though. Sad I won't get to fly in them. Maybe someone can take me for a famil flight this summer in Shearwater?  :nod:

It does say "Raptor".  Can't see the pic but I'm a little disappointed (but not surprised) that they went with the dinosaur angle instead of the actual meaning of "bird of prey".

tomahawk6 said:
My best guess short of an NH90. ;D

You can definitely see the H60 SeaHawk/BlackHawk lineage in there, along with some big-brother H53 in the tailboom.  :nod:

:nod:

CH-148 and CH 53K. 

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 4.52.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 4.52.36 PM.png
    549.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 4.51.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 4.51.10 PM.png
    261 KB · Views: 152
Dimsum said:
It does say "Raptor".  Can't see the pic but I'm a little disappointed (but not surprised) that they went with the dinosaur angle instead of the actual meaning of "bird of prey".

The bird of prey would have made for a much cooler piece of artwork.

Not for you Dimsum.  But perhaps some on here don’t know where we get our MH call signs from, they usually have some association with the name of the ship.  In this case it’s Raptor, from HMCS Toronto. Toronto is also home of the Raptors...

Another example is Avalanche (Nordiques) which is the c/s of the helo attached to HMCS Ville De Quebec.

I’d give anything to be out hunting right now 🙁.

tomahawk6 said:
I noticed that too which was more like USN thingy then I thought the article misidentified the aircraft, but then I saw the maple leaf rondel.

And the big black (dark grey?) "CANADA"  ;D

MANTA is a great ex;  hope everyone is enjoying it - I'm enjoying being home this winter!  :cold:

Back