• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Drill and Ceremonial

When did Paul get captain? when everyone at my corps talks about him, they always say SgtMaj.....

rifle_team_captain_13 said:
Don't piss off Captain Paul. There's a video somewhere of him (then Sgt Mjr) kicking a cadet off the P2 during practice for Sunset. Its very very entertaining. ;D I wish i was there to witness it happen, but i was on Compassionate Leave.
Where did you get this information about Paul taking a commission as a Captain if I may ask?

I believe the video your speaking of was put on a CD with other pictures and such that all the A Coy staff got, I'm pretty sure I still have the video on my computer somewhere.

Then is no longer a Sgt Mjr Paul? I'm so sad.. :p He was such a funny person..[when he yelled at people]

Captain Paul.. Its just not the same..

you know, i went to D&C in 2004, i hated it, i thought that it might be a good experience, i even could've gone to do Rifle Coach if i wanted, but i stayed with D&C and i seriously regret it, it wasn't my staff, my staff was great, GO 2 PLT, most of the cadets in my platoon were nice too, it was the course i didn't like, and i really love drill, so even if you do like drill, D&C just might not be right for you, but you can try it, it wasn't that bad at times, but i just regret not going to Rifle Coach

Where did you get this information about Paul taking a commission as a Captain if I may ask?

I believe the video your speaking of was put on a CD with other pictures and such that all the A Coy staff got, I'm pretty sure I still have the video on my computer somewhere.
From two senior cadets in my corps who were sergeants and warrants in 2004. And yes, the pictures are regularly part of our cadet corps recruiting presentation. The video we don't show for reasons you and i both know.

He was such a funny person..[when he yelled at people]
Oh trust me, he is not.

From what i hear, 4 Plt was the best

:eek: Bahahahahahaha....NO

who is that? the RSM and DSM? they were the only two that did alpha staff last summer

I'm hopefully taking D&C this summer in Vernon. I've heard a lot of opinions about it. I have an unhealthy likoing for drill, so 6 weeks of it would be heaven!! :D Besides, most of 24 plt, D coy is taking D&C anyway. It'll be like CL all over again!!

If you did D&C in Blackdown with Sergeant Major Paul you'll remember D&C.

I LOVED DOING D&C IT was the best course i ever did ...hope to see people coming to black down where i will be staff  :threat: :salute:

Bovie,
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/36354.0.html

I was selected to be the final flag party commander because of taking D&C and our company parade commander. D&C was the most rewarding thing ive ever done in my enitre life. I strongly recmmend taking D&C. It's the ultimate Cadet experiance!

I did D&C at Blackdown summer 2005 =)  awesome time, was in the 100 man guard =)  but im done camp, lol, im too good for a second cli corse.

Sgt. Migs said:
I did D&C at Blackdown summer 2005 =)  awesome time, was in the 100 man guard =)  but im done camp, lol, im too good for a second cli corse.
How do you become too good for another CLI?

ouyin2000 said:
How do you become too good for another CLI?

Its just a 'joke'/saying...  I'm not really too good for another cli...i just dont think i need another one...like some people i've met who have 2 cli's because they failed NSCE or something...I'm writing my NSCE this year, and if i fail, im not going to do summer at a camp, i'm just getting a job and stuff. but yeah. all i needed was one basic, one cl, one cli and i'm set  :) hope that answers that  :)  later

I wanna take D&C (only cause I don't like stupid ftx stuff...it's gross) but I'll probably take it at Blackdown

Why do you think that the "ftx stuff" is stupid and gross? A lot of people seem to have that opinion of CLI Adventure. There isn't as much time in the bush as you think, a lot of the time is learning about how to instruct, actually instructing, and a few other things. At Blackdown we spent a week canoeing, a week on our ftx and 3 days in Meaford. It takes alot out of you (especially the canoeing and 24 hour patrol) but it is so rewarding to know you completed the hardest parts of the course (which aren't even that hard).

Back