• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dog Tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebAddict

Inactive
Reaction score
Ive seen some threads about dog tags, but i got a question , is it possible to get them b4 u are called for an interview? just because i got a cupon 50% off dog tags at this store downtown kitchener and it expires on May 28th 2006. and if yes what infromation do i need to provide on both the dog tags

thnkx

Why on earth would you want to??  ???

Seriously, you'll get proper CF dog tags when you've been accepted and are enrolled - with all the proper information.

Frankly, having a bathroom chain and a piece of steel around my neck is something I try to live without as much as possible.

why would the Army issue you an ID disc before you get an interview? If you were the guy giving stuff out, wouldn't you want to wait until the receiver actually completed their training? If they issue them to you now, and you thunder in, then they've wasted money and time, haven't they?

- yeesh. Apparently, I can't spell the word "them".

WebAddict said:
Ive seen some threads about dog tags, but i got a question , is it possible to get them b4 u are called for an interview? just because i got a cupon 50% off dog tags at this store downtown kitchener and it expires on May 28th 2006. and if yes what infromation do i need to provide on both the dog tags

thnkx

Seriously...  WTF

How did you pass the CFAT?!

guess if you are not enroled yet, you can make up your own svc number to go with your name , religion and blood type.
i know a couple bars if you are wearing dog tags it is good for ID and sometimes a free beer.

what a deal on fake tags, 50 percent off, nothing bothers me more then a person wearing fake dog tags as if the tags make them free more whatever. i think they look stupid wearing them.

See, those would be more like puppy tags. You can't have dog tags till your trained.....You know, to keep it on the paper, not eat the leaves off the flowers and don't chew the slippers, stuff like that.

WebAddict said:

thnkx
:brickwall:
How did you make it this far in life. The military gives you dog tags the don't accept home made ones.  How did you even think this would be possible. Someone really needs to slap you.
Cabose

Information ID Discs is available at the wiki, including what information goes on them. Click Wiki under Information at the top of the page, then type Dog Tags into the search engine.

Cabose said:
:brickwall:
How did you make it this far in life. The military gives you dog tags the don't accept home made ones.  How did you even think this would be possible. Someone really needs to slap you.
Cabose
You just may want to back your shite wagon up a bit there, Canyonaro....laying it on a bit thick, aren't ya?

Web Addict,
While you are getting the Dog Tags before getting in why don't start a volleyball game like in "Top Gun". You could be Maverick and your best buddy could be Goose!!!!! Good Luck getting in. We need more people like you!!!!

Tow Tripod

We Breath Fire and Death

Contrary to most people who answered, I'll try not to laugh at you...  It might be hard!!!  :p

You will be provided ID disks while in basic. There is no cost to you for those disks.

Now, regarding civies having dog tags, I think there is a difference between showing off with dog tags, and wearing them. I've had personnal dog tags for a few years. Don't ask me why, I've always wanted to wear dog tags since I was young, so I bought a kit from the web.
If you are showing off you tags (like wearing them outside your shirt or showing them to everyone), that's just showing off and my opinion is that it's not right as people might think you're in the army while you're not.

Just my thought!

Just a tip, try to think twice about what you're about to post! It might save you some grief!

Frank

Teddy Ruxpin said:
Frankly, having a bathroom chain and a piece of steel around my neck is something I try to live without as much as possible.

Too right Mate! ;)

Cheers,

Wes

recceguy said:
See, those would be more like puppy tags. You can't have dog tags till your trained.....You know, to keep it on the paper, not eat the leaves off the flowers and don't chew the slippers, stuff like that.
  LMAO ROTFL

On a more serious note gentlemen...I can't wait to have the privilege of having an official set and be required to wear them as necessary...
HL

Frank the Tank said:
You will be provided ID disks while in basic. There is no cost to you for those disks.

Would that be a 3.5 inch disk or the old floppy disks?

;)

Disc  not disk..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back