• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does it matter how well you do?

Casual

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering, say you did better then all the minimum physical requirements finishing everything in the "superior time" category instead of the minimum. Does this make any difference? What if you did the opposite and did everything in the minimum. Like would someone advance in rank or anything faster or slower because of this? Thanks  :D

If you exceed all the minimum requirements when you do your PT test and make the exempt requirements you are exempt from doing your PT test the next year. If you don't make those requirements you do it annually.

Do you mean the minimum requirements of the CF Express test?

There are what are called "incentive standards", which are considerably higher than the minimum.  
If you meet these, you are exempt for the next years test and it's extra points on your PER.
So getting exempt on your express test can give you that extra point you need for promotion.

Casual said:
Sorry to sound stupid but what is a PER?

Personal Evaluation Report. It basically gives you and your superiors an overall view of how you have been doing during that reporting period. It is also a big factor in getting promoted.

This is very interesting. I did my PT and when I was doing my push ups, the examiner had to stop me at 40, I could have kept going. Same with my sit ups. Does anyone know the minimum to be exempted from the following year's PT? Just wondering.

Fitness tests on your PER are either a 1 or a 2 (points).  If you're in the Army you do the BFT (Battle fitness test) and if you pass you automatically get 2 points. So anyone that struggles through the 13km ruck march gets a 2 the same as the guy who had no problems with the BFT and has completed marathons, ironmans etc.. Fair? not really, but that's how it works.

Now, don't think being in good shape goes unnoticed, This can be reflected in you PER (although you don't get any extra points for it, it can still help you)

ken_TO said:
This is very interesting. I did my PT and when I was doing my push ups, the examiner had to stop me at 40, I could have kept going. Same with my sit ups. Does anyone know the minimum to be exempted from the following year's PT? Just wondering.

It depends on age and I'm sure it's been discussed/posted already somewhere.

As far as doing the minimum vs doing well or even exempted you should be doing as well as possible as much as possible. Even on a pass/fail course that everyone passes, it's your reputation that is at stake. If you ever do end up in charge of something, having your subordinates telling each other what a wanker you are is gonna make life difficult and you're gonna have a hard time becoming in charge of anything if you've coasted through until then.

Back