• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Divining the right role, capabilities, structure, and Regimental System for Canada's Army Reserves

• Thread starter Thread starter Yard Ape
  • Start date Start date
Expecting a reserve force to train to modern standards without modern facilities, especially for support trades like vehicles techs is peak stupidity on the part of the CAF. Our tool boxes are a mess because the original lists were made in the 80s, and they just kept adding to it, some tools could easily be replaced with more modern ones to save space and weight but alas the institution is slow to move so we get 5 checklists to complete instead of 1.

Expecting a reserve force to train to modern standards without modern facilities, especially for support trades like vehicles techs is peak stupidity on the part of the CAF. Our tool boxes are a mess because the original lists were made in the 80s, and they just kept adding to it, some tools could easily be replaced with more modern ones to save space and weight but alas the institution is slow to move so we get 5 checklists to complete instead of 1.

There's your first dodgy assumption ;)

Speaking of Minto Armoury, after years of battles, in the late 90's. I had the 17 Wing P Med condemn ALL the washrooms. Once that happened, the yellow truck that sleeps six people HAD to fix them. Believe it was the first overall in several decades.

We also had no heat in Minto one Winter. We held Levee Day in a module tent on the parade square. In waltzes in the 17 Wing Comd et al, in service dress tunics while we were wearing parkas. Two of the overhead heaters were fixed shortly after.

Speaking of Minto Armoury, after years of battles, in the late 90's. I had the 17 Wing P Med condemn ALL the washrooms. Once that happened, the yellow truck that sleeps six people HAD to fix them. Believe it was the first overall in several decades.

We also had no heat in Minto one Winter. We held Levee Day in a module tent on the parade square. In waltzes in the 17 Wing Comd et al, in service dress tunics while we were wearing parkas. Two of the overhead heaters were fixed shortly after.
I don’t recall that winter fondly. We could have done winter Indoc IN Minto

Surely, all the washrooms in Minto were recently renovated with feminine hygiene product dispensers.

I have to account for 10 tone jacks to our LAVs that haven’t been usable since the LAV 6 upgrade because no one bothered to adjust the EIS. Were bad at this stuff

I have to account for 10 tone jacks to our LAVs that haven’t been usable since the LAV 6 upgrade because no one bothered to adjust the EIS. Were bad at this stuff
Had a CQ get posted in anything not used in 6 months was returned to depot. Cleared a lot of room

Back