• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dealing with superiors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.....this I gotta watch.....I love blood sports

15frx5j.jpg

Do I look like (observe about photo) that I am or should be in the kitchen...come on now

LMAO

HL

Sarcasm is a tone that I rarely if ever use and never in a professional situation. I felt it was justified given the original question was valid and the number of views it received with no answers. It did have the desired effect though, so thank you for your responses.

I was a little disappointed in the directing staff in this instance, I would expect you to be a little more professional and set a good example by not being inflammatory even in response to sarcasm that may have offended you. My apologies if I did.

To all of the current and past serving members of the CF, thank you for your daily sacrifices. Yes, even those of you who think I'm a jerk or an a$$ clown. Your opinions of me do not deter the respect I have for all of you. Stay safe out there!

trooperMP,

you came on here and asked valid MP-specific questions.  Those without personal experience as MPs stayed out of it.  Those with that experience, of which there would be relatively few, didn't get around to answering within your desired timeframe. Your second comment invited the little circus that transpired.  This is a participatory forum, join in and enter discussions if you wish.  If your approach is to simply toss out questions and expect to be served, don't be surprised if the result isn't quite what you expected.  We're all on here voluntarily, and sometimes the less than polite expectations of some posters brings out a more frivolous side than perhaps they thought they were deserving of, but that's life.  Silliness begets silliness.

Mike
Staff (and we too have a right to exercise our freedom of irrelevant expression when the situation befits such antics.)

trooperMP said:
Sarcasm is a tone that I rarely if ever use and never in a professional situation. I felt it was justified given the original question was valid and the number of views it received with no answers. It did have the desired effect though, so thank you for your responses.

I was a little disappointed in the directing staff in this instance, I would expect you to be a little more professional and set a good example by not being inflammatory even in response to sarcasm that may have offended you. My apologies if I did.

To all of the current and past serving members of the CF, thank you for your daily sacrifices. Yes, even those of you who think I'm a jerk or an a$$ clown. Your opinions of me do not deter the respect I have for all of you. Stay safe out there!

Nice backtrack.......... ::)

trooperMP said:

1) felt justified - first mistake... as stated, no one is here to serve you.  Rethink how you deal with people

2) if the desired affect was to get people to think you are an as@hat, congrats... you've succeeded.

What?  Well, that's a double standard.  You can use sarcasm to get your point across and get results, but they can't?

Yeah... 

Incidentally, HL, that's not a Sword... that's a big cleaver, for cutting vegtables, cheese, meat.  I think Para had it right.

oh boy oh boy....no shoes, and now a cleaver....I get to see blood yet!!!

TrooperMp,

Its a bit of an odd question, IMHO.  Are you planning on being an MP, and locking up lots of Officers?  What I mean is...why would this even cross your mind?

This link might give you a start into the abilites of MPs, and other service members, when it comes to the NDA.  

http://www.smafinsm.forces.gc.ca/qr_o/vol2/ch105_e.asp#105.04

Most MPs are professional in their conduct in my experience with them.  Recently I was involved with something that involved NIS types, and the Sgt and Cpl I had to deal with were nothing short of professional, including the Cpl, who didn't address me or my Capt as "hey you" with the badge out.  

Most folks who act professional get treated professional, regardless of their trade.

And my last point, MPs, by nature of their being members of the CF, as also subject to the Code of Service Discipline.   Yapping off to officers or senior ranks in the NCO/WO world can get you in all kinds of trouble too...

http://www.smafinsm.forces.gc.ca/qr_o/vol2/ch103_e.asp#103.18

http://www.smafinsm.forces.gc.ca/qr_o/vol2/ch103_e.asp#103.60

Trinity said:
1) felt justified - first mistake... as stated, no one is here to serve you.  Rethink how you deal with people

2) if the desired affect was to get people to think you are an as@hat, congrats... you've succeeded.

What?  Well, that's a double standard.  You can use sarcasm to get your point across and get results, but they can't?

Yeah... 

Incidentally, HL, that's not a Sword... that's a big cleaver, for cutting vegtables, cheese, meat.  I think Para had it right.
Don't you have some praying to do Padre or confessions to hear

HL

Hot Lips said:
Don't you have some praying to do Padre or confessions to hear

HL

Yes... I do.

paracowboy said:
don't you have something on the stove?

I'll start with para... and after he tells me to shove it  ;), I'll take yours HL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back