• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dates for Basic -> Public availability?

Tyrnagog

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there,

I just submitted my application forms today... having my interview/medical/CFAT administered on the 10th of April.

My question is, I believe this is being expedited so I can attend BOTP at St. Jean at the end of June. Is there anywhere on the web that is publically available that will show the starting dates for basic?

Thanks all!

End of June is the starting date for serials for the ROTP snr cadets going to RMC in the fall. Last year they started June 21st I believe, give or take.

Thanks for the info..

I was reading that the training for ROTP is only 10 weeks in length... they get the other 4 weeks while in school..

what happends to the others who are tkaing the course, but are not ROTP? Do they just continue on from where the students left off.. or do the non-students just finish at 10 weeks as well, and get the last 4 weeks elsewhere?

Excited as **** for the interview... Only a few more days!

I assume they continue on. From what I understand, last year‘s group had no outsiders actually in their platoons, but there was other platoons running with DEO‘s.

That‘s what I thought...

How long have you been at RMC? What are you taking/majoring in?

Tyrnagog,

This discussion is very interesting. My file is going to the officer board in May - I assume yours is as well, and that you applying DEO, too. I am applying for DEO Infantry.

The impression I was left with was that as a DEO, I would likely not be able to attend summer BOTP, as it is reserved for RMC-types, and that I would probably have to wait until the September course. Has your recruiting centre told you otherwise? Also, from reading Illucigen‘s comments, it would seem as if there were DEOs at St. Jean in the summer last year.

The prospect of waiting until September has been agonizing, so the possibility of getting on course this summer would be, for lack of a better term, AWESOME.

So, my questions for you are...
1) Has your recruiting centre indicated a possibility of getting on course this summer?
2) What MOC are you applying for? (might make a difference, as might your location due to regional "quotas" that may exist)

ILLUCIGEN - if you have any further light to shed on this, it would be appreciated as well.

Lol. Im a newbie. I‘m Majoring in Business, minor in poli.

*from what I heard* last year, there were several non-RMC types, but most were ROTP Civiilian university. Only a few exceptions for various reasons.

Well... I got the impression that this was for the summer BOTP... waiting until September *would* be killer... (although a little cooler)...

But, hard to say..

As for MOC, I am going in as a CELE officer.. Apparently this is a "distressed occupation", so that may be the difference, but who‘s to say.

Back