• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Damar Hamlin

Kilted

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I don't normally pay attention to American Football, but I think that it is on everyones minds right now.

So young…hopefully he pulls through, but there was just something really not good with what we saw…

I hate to be ghoulish but I think the reason the hospital isn't doing a media update is so that there isn't a media Circus as his organs are shipped to where they need to be.

I sure hope I'm 100% wrong....

If they were doing CPR on him for ten minutes on the field I really hope they got some decent air going in to oxygenate… Anything that’s at the point of CPR is already really, really bad even without a lack of oxygenation.

On the other hand, they also have a ton of medical support immediately on hand. He would have as good a chance of survival with it happening there as he would anywhere except already in an ER with a crash cart standing by.

There are already a couple of doctors on YouTube speculating about what happened to him. I won't link them, but they are pretty easy to find. One of them mentioned that he had CPR done on him for about 9 or 10 minutes and an AED was used. I don't know how much of that can be verified at this point. Hospital has said that they will not give an update till tomorrow.

There are already a couple of doctors on YouTube speculating about what happened to him. I won't link them, but they are pretty easy to find. One of them mentioned that he had CPR done on him for about 9 or 10 minutes and an AED was used. I don't know how much of that can be verified at this point. Hospital has said that they will not give an update till tomorrow.
The CPR is definitely confirmed, and the local Fox affiliate news station in Cincinnati is also reporting he was defibbed on the field. No reason to doubt the AED use; that would be a no brainer for a sudden cardiac arrest, the question wouldn’t be if you hook up the AED but whether it finds a shockable rhythm.

Back