• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Customizing Your C7?

CDN Aviator said:
Having shot alot of different guns and knowing how to shoot are two very different things. Using your logic there are thousands of Japanese tourists in Waikiki that become proficient shooters every year.  ::)

..........or professional photographers :rofl:

howitzer89 said:
lol thanks for the tip but I have my pal, and have shot a large list of guns including the m249 SAW, m4, mp5, M9 , sks, and the g36 :P. Ugh why can't we have American laws here.

Thanks for the replies though guys, I was just curious on what you were able to do.

Why can't we have American laws here? BECAUSE WE"RE CANADIAN! :facepalm:

As long as they come with a compass in the stock, and this thing that tells time, then they shouldn't need any modifications. Just don't shoot your eye out.

All that's missing from Kyle93's gun is a bleepin' Sherpa to carry it around for you!

VIChris said:
All that's missing from Kyle93's gun is a bleepin' Sherpa to carry it around for you!

Wait, you can get one of those? 

I have been sorely missinformed.

kyle93 said:
Don't worry, I think this comes standard issue to all JTF2 Ninjasnipers....
I have hefted a C7, it wasn't bad weight wise, but that thing seems like I would break every bone in my foot if I dropped that mass on it.

FlyingDutchman said:
I have hefted a C7, it wasn't bad weight wise, but that thing seems like I would break every bone in my foot if I dropped that mass on it.

Hefted?  Really?  If you refer to carrying a C7 as "hefting," you really need to work on your upper body strength. 

The FNC1 - now that was a weapon that needed hefting!

Give him a C2 instead  :nod:...hefting a C7, that's hysterical, just made my day that did.

MM

Edit for spelling.

Pusser said:
Hefted?  Really?  If you refer to carrying a C7 as "hefting," you really need to work on your upper body strength. 

The FNC1 - now that was a weapon that needed hefting!
heft/hɛft/▶verb 1 lift or carry (something heavy). 2 lift or hold (something) to test its weight.

Okay guys, I think you answered his question. Now you're just making fun of him, I believe what he REALLY wanted to know was, if you're out on ex, are you allowed to attach Optics and the like? On a side note, where can I get a sherpa? I've got a lawn which needs mowed...

BadgerTrapper said:
Okay guys, I think you answered his question. Now you're just making fun of him, I believe what he REALLY wanted to know was, if you're out on ex, are you allowed to attach Optics and the like? On a side note, where can I get a sherpa? I've got a lawn which needs mowed...

Fill out a standard 2227, UOM is EA then leave the stock code blank and just put "Sherpa" in the description  ;D

i'm not in the forces yet (waiting till i'm finished university), but i am a semi-experienced with firearms and i have a .22 LR AR-15 and i run this setup

Magpul MOE midlength handguard, with a few short picatinny rails for a few attachments,
knock KAC vertical fore grip (originally from my paintball gun)
EOtech 552 holographic sight.

i would run a setup like that on a C7 if i can when i join forces.
another setup that look really appealing is the Bushmaster Dissipator Magpul MOE version; features a 16 inch heavy barrel and full length sight radius and hand guard. i would actually like to see a C8 SFW setup like that or a C7 with the MAGPUL handguard and buttstock. (C7A3 anyone?)

Closest you'll get is a C8A3 with Eotech 552 sight, and a Cadex collapsible foregrip. I'd stay away from paintball grips for combat rifles....

You're not even in yet.. don't bother having wet dreams about how you can cutomize your weapon.. going by your reply you haven't read anything that was said in this thread.

What you are and are not allowed to put on your weapon is dependent on your CoC,  some units may allow some things while others may not allow anything non issue.

i have all the previous post,
thats why i said "if i can"
and btw the only reason i'm using the VFG from my paintball gun is because i'm using on a .22 LR rifle, not for recoil control or anything, but because it's a more natural feeling hand orientation.

Why do you want too use the EoTech instead of the C79 sight?  Or your knock off vert grip instead of the Cadex, etc

Not saying the issue stuff is awesome, but you haven't used any of it before and you are already planning on swapping stuff out.  Might want to actually get some time on the weapons and if then you feel you want to use non-issue items go ahead as long as the CoC approves.

Depending on your job, you might get to play with a C8 variant as a pers weapon after you get done your trade training. Chances are though that you'll be humping the same C7A2 that you're going to carry in Basic, and will be for the forseeable future. At least long enough to get some real exposure to the weapon system before you decide what kind of bling you want to adorn it with. Even then, you'll be told the parameters. You just can't hang any old hollywood cosmetics you want off of it.

Back