• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Currie had plenty of integrity

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Currie had plenty of integrity

Posted by Michael A. Dorosh from Canada on April 04, 1999 at 12:22:43:

In Reply to: Re: The Second World War was won by Militia soldiers posted by Jules Deschenes on April 02, 1999 at 11:18:08:

Currie was worried sick about the mess funds issue, and didn‘t get involved in it for personal gain, as far as I understand. Wasn‘t it business friends in Vancouver that bailed him out of it?

I don‘t see what that has to do with his skill as a general. He was highly regarded by the British and the fact that they wanted to make a mere colonial the top general of the whole BEF speaks volumes.

Re: Currie had plenty of integrity

Posted by Art Johnson Citizen from Toronto ON Canada on April 04, 1999 at 16:13:09:

In Reply to: Currie had plenty of integrity posted by Michael A. Dorosh on April 04, 1999 at 12:22:43:

David:
I believe it was some senior officers under his command that bailed him out.
Art J.

Re: Currie had plenty of integrity

Posted by Jules Deschenes from Canada on April 04, 1999 at 22:32:24:

In Reply to: Currie had plenty of integrity posted by Michael A. Dorosh on April 04, 1999 at 12:22:43:

Correct me if I‘m wrong but Currie HAD to be bailed out. If he had had integrity one would think that he would NOT have diddled with the funds to begin with. Also was it not at our insistence that he was put in charge and not because the Brits wanted him? I fear you put too much creedence in British benevolence. But you have nice legs anyway.

Back