• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Current Medical Wait Times

elsalado

Inactive
Reaction score
I have read through the many threads and topics on this site and the information provided has been very helpful so thank you to all the recruiters and general posters who have answered the many questions being asked. I know from my reading that the medical results normally take 4-8 weeks to return from Ottawa after being sent out. I applied for ACSO and pilot (only passed for ACSO at aircrew selection). I did my medical at the CFRC in early April but I had to do additional blood and vision tests due to ACSO being an aircrew trade. I did these only after aircrew selection so my medical file was sent to Ottawa in early June. I checked in yesterday, so about 6 weeks after it was sent out to Ottawa, but it was still not complete.

I was expecting this anyway because I am aware that the system is clogged up and medical reviews are taking longer than usual but does anyone have an idea how long I can expect to wait? One guy on another website claimed he was told that his medical file could take up to 6 months to hear back about but that seems ridiculous. Nonetheless I know that's not impossible but can I really expect my file to take as long as that?

Good Day,

Each file is different, the average normally is 4-8 weeks; I do know of files that have taken upwards of 6 months to be returned due to complications on the file.
Because each file is different a Recruiter cannot tell you with 100% certainty how long your file will take to be returned.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Thank you Sargeant Laen I appreciate the reply. If you don't mind answering, do you know when the next selection dates for ACSO are? I probably wont be merit listed until late August for the earliest but it might be good to know anyway.

Sergeant Laen  are you able to tell me.  when our medical trades are in high demand if they treats our medical record faster ottawa thank you

Good Day Both,

elsalado said:
Thank you Sargeant Laen I appreciate the reply. If you don't mind answering, do you know when the next selection dates for ACSO are? I probably wont be merit listed until late August for the earliest but it might be good to know anyway.
For DEO I'm showing the next dates are 7-Sep & 21-Sep, for ROTP the system states that selections are on going.

will398 said:
Sergeant Laen  are you able to tell me.  when our medical trades are in high demand if they treats our medical record faster ottawa thank you
When medical files are sent to Ottawa for review they are dealt with in the order in which they come and the complexity of the file (e.g. a file with no complications that comes in after a file with complications will be returned faster, but two files with no complications will be dealt with in the order in which they are received).

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Sergeant Lean I have a question for you!

When your medical files are put the mention «Rush» does it really accelerate the process? You can answer me in pm.

Thank you  :)

Good Day,

The return of Medicals from the "Team" in Ottawa is not part of the CFRG/CFRC chain of command. 
While a request for a rush might be requested for a file, it is ultimately up to the Medical "Team" in Ottawa who are reviewing the files to respond.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Back