• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT-114 Tutor

Does anybody actually need an ACSO?

So there are no hard feelings, I was one; not a good one, but one nonetheless.
To do navigation? Not really - GPS, INS, etc has (mostly) taken care of that.

To be a tactical coordinator (or two, on the Aurora)? I would argue yes, unless we cross-train AES Ops (or another trade) to do TACCO jobs - in which case, you’re still adding those numbers of people.

To do navigation? Not really - GPS, INS, etc has (mostly) taken care of that.

To be a tactical coordinator (or two, on the Aurora)? I would argue yes, unless we cross-train AES Ops (or another trade) to do TACCO jobs - in which case, you’re still adding those numbers of people.
My attemp at self-deprecating humour has failed miserably…

Does anybody actually need an ACSO?

So there are no hard feelings, I was one; not a good one, but one nonetheless.
I was…workmanlike, at best.

I am trade agnostic, as long as the jobs get done properly in the aircraft and it can fight.

I was…workmanlike, at best.

I am trade agnostic, as long as the jobs get done properly in the aircraft and it can fight.
I know that @Baz started it in jest, but I’ve had this discussion with pilots before in the Aurora.

Pilots: Your trade is dead. We don’t need you anymore.

Me: Sure - come sit over here and do my jobs then [lists jobs]

Pilots: Naw….that’s a Nav thing.

Me:
1706710444518.gif

So the tutor...let's hope the snowbirds don't have to fight in ww3 AND they will be able to begin and end with a nine plane formation this year.

We have an airshow coming this year. It includes a CF-18 aerobatic team. When I was 409 Sqn, we had a VooDoo aerobatic team. They put on a better show than the Snowbirds, who trained every spring in Comox.

I know we don't have pilots to spare, but with our extra Aussie airframes, I'd like to see us switch from the Tutor. As far as I know we are the only country flying antique trainers instead of our high performance line aircraft.

One can dream.

We have an airshow coming this year. It includes a CF-18 aerobatic team. When I was 409 Sqn, we had a VooDoo aerobatic team. They put on a better show than the Snowbirds, who trained every spring in Comox.

I know we don't have pilots to spare, but with our extra Aussie airframes, I'd like to see us switch from the Tutor. As far as I know we are the only country flying antique trainers instead of our high performance line aircraft.

One can dream.
I'm of a different mind. I prefer the slower 'aerial ballet' of the Snowbirds over the high speed zoom of, say, the Blue Angels. It seems they do a pass then take ten minutes to come around again.

I'm of a different mind. I prefer the slower 'aerial ballet' of the Snowbirds over the high speed zoom of, say, the Blue Angels. It seems they do a pass then take ten minutes to come around again.
Agreed. Also, the Snowbirds (I believe) can fly closer to each other because they’re slower.

Or at least that was what I was told.

Apparently the only thing you can see moving on earth from the space station is the Snowbirds practising with their smoke

To aggressive?

mZvCvCQTnLttDjKtlfb4-jbDw5xeij5GGRm-0mxqaGQ.jpg

As far as I know we are the only country flying antique trainers instead of our high performance line aircraft.
Are France, Italy, the UK and Australia countries?

Agreed. Also, the Snowbirds (I believe) can fly closer to each other because they’re slower.

Or at least that was what I was told.
The Blue Angels fly much closer than the Snowbirds. Check this out, around the 5:40 mark.

Back