• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Criminal Charge help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBAtt

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,
When i was little younger, I had a criminal charge. Its been cleaned off my record now. But does the army just pull a basic record check or go more into the check. If so, should I go get my finger prints to send in with my application?
This charge was when I was 18.

Did you do a search?  That question has been answered many times.

CBAtt- The only reason I'm not going to lock this is so that you can tell me how you know, and what you did to facilitate, that your record from barely 2 years ago is "clean". 

Until then, you are on a very short leash here.

Bruce.
Staff

Occam said:
Did you do a search?  That question has been answered many times.

It certainly has:
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/12896.0

Before anyone gets carried away, charge =/= conviction.

Sorry, I did a search and nothing came up that said for me to go down to the police station. Get my finger prints and give them with my application and also the search function was not working last night.
K, I got convicted for assualt when I was 18, It was very minor. This is how it worked, 9 month of probation, if i followed the rules. My record got wiped clean, now the lawyer said if anyone asks if I have a record, I say no. But if anyone asks if I have been convicted of a crimal offense. I say yes..

Don't bother getting your fingerprints taken ahead of time.  I have a criminal record as well, and am through quite a bit of the recruiting process. They'll give you paperwork to get your prints taken (Mine was done by the Commissionaires here in Winnipeg, not sure if they use another agency depending on the location), it does slow down the application process a fair bit, but patience pays off in the end.

Just to sa this. Assault is Assault. It is an indictable offence under the Criminal Code. You were lucky to get a conditional sentence.
It however does not negate the fact that you had comitted an offence. Sure you don't have a record, but any investigator worth their salt will dig and find out what happened.

Don't ever think because you diont get a record that this incident will not arrise during clearance.

CBAtt- what you probably got then was a conditional sentence and your lawyer did not tell you the whole story.

As far as 'normal' folk can check you may not have a criminal record, but for anyone with proper CPIC access you have a conviction that isn't going anywhere until you have had enough time lapse and the conditions met to receive a proper pardon.

Now thats what I was looking for. Now, do I need to think about a pardon? Or what now? Should, i go march down to the police office and get my finger prints. For the recruiter?

No and no.

You do not qualify yet for a pardon.

No place that requires your fingerprints are going to let you 'bring' them. Someone will be watching, and assisting, this process.

I managed to get in the military [albeit a long time ago] and into Corrections with my criminal record by fulfilling my obligations to the letter and by just telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Thank you bruce for that info, Now i know how to fill out the section.
Dang lawyers not telling you everything.

Answered and locked, before we end up with yet another long thread on a common subject.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back