• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Confusion about being merit listed and being put on a job quota list

Hadrian

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I am applying for a D.E.O Armoured  position.  After waiting 3 months since my medical was done , I called cfrc Kingston to get an update the status of my file. I was happy to hear that I was fit, but confused when my file manager mentioned that I had been placed on a national job quota list and should be contacted soon.  I am confused because I was expecting that I would need to be merit listed first (I havn't even completed my PT test).

Does being placed on a quota list entail that I have infact been merit listed?

I had been expecting to have to wait for a DEO board to hear anything, I was surprised to be told I would be contacted soon, but not nearly as surprised as when I was told that my application was classified as "skilled."

I've actually begun to worry that someone checked off the wrong box on my application....

I don't have a skilled trade...just an H.B.A

any clarification would help, and if this is redundant I am sorry I did a search and have an understanding of the merit list process but am confused about the quota list bit.

Thanks.

If you have no prior army experience,  you should'nt be listed as skilled, so there might be a problem, ask your CFRC again, maybe they took you for another guy...I dunno, seems strange.

Also, you should not be merit listed if you have'nt done the PT test, again it seems strange...

Thanks for the reply, turns out that everything is going along fine, my confusion was a result of a misunderstanding on my part. I have recently been contacted for a PT test, so I guess patience was the obvious answer in this case :)

Back