• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Condemned In 1986

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstrois

Inactive
Reaction score
Im currently awaiting course in Borden, on Pretc

Both building's A-151 and A-152 were condemned in 1986.
Meaning 22 years ago, These were deamed Inhabitable,

The fact is strait, these buildings are ours To dwell in for the next time being.
Here is some of the problems we have here.

BED BUGS:

Bed bugs are not spread from one person to another. They feed off the person for 5-10 minutes at night,
while they sleep, then drop off the person and crawl to a sheltered crevice. Bed bugs cannot fly and
prefer to hide close to people when not feeding. Bed bugs can live for up to a year without feeding. They
can be found in apartments, hotels, homes, shelters, and student dormitories. Bed bugs can also hide on
clothing or in luggage when you travel and can be brought to places like your home or hotel

ASBESTOS:

ASBESTOS IS A DURABLE, FIRE RESISTANT MINERAL AND IN THE PAST WAS ADDED TO A
VARIETY OF PRODUCTS TO PROVIDE STRENGTH, HEAT INSULATION, AND FIRE RESISTANCE.
Due to these qualities it became widely used in many products and industries. We now know
however, that asbestos also causes damage to the lungs and has been implicated in several
diseases including lung cancer and asbestosis.

Wow..

I think Id rather camp out in my hoochie now.

pstrois said:
Im currently awaiting course in Borden, on Pretc

The fact is strait, these buildings are ours To dwell in for the next time being.
Here is some of the problems we have here.

BED BUGS:

Bed bugs are not spread from one person to another. They feed off the person for 5-10 minutes at night,
while they sleep, then drop off the person and crawl to a sheltered crevice. Bed bugs cannot fly and
prefer to hide close to people when not feeding. Bed bugs can live for up to a year without feeding. They
can be found in apartments, hotels, homes, shelters, and student dormitories. Bed bugs can also hide on
clothing or in luggage when you travel and can be brought to places like your home or hotel

ASBESTOS:

Due to these qualities it became widely used in many products and industries. We now know
however, that asbestos also causes damage to the lungs and has been implicated in several
diseases including lung cancer and asbestosis.

Wow..

I think Id rather camp out in my hoochie now.

Instead of bringing these facts and your complaint here...bring them up the CoC and get it sorted out.

Regards

pstrois said:

Mind if I ask how you know that to be a fact?

pstrois said:
BED BUGS:

No disease is known to have been transmitted to humans through bed bugs.  Peel Public Health

pstrois said:
ASBESTOS:

diseases including lung cancer and asbestos.

Asbestos is a naturally occurring material that was used commonly in buildings for insulation. Asbestos fibers are exceptionally strong and are resistant to heat. Asbestos is commonly found in ceiling tiles, flooring and pipes.

Asbestos only becomes a danger when it is disturbed, causing the fibers to become airborne. This is commonly referred to as friable asbestos, while intact asbestos is referred to as non-friable asbestos. Asbestos Dangers

PMedMoe said:
No disease is known to have been transmitted to humans through bed bugs.  Peel Public Health

Asbestos is a naturally occurring material that was used commonly in buildings for insulation. Asbestos fibers are exceptionally strong and are resistant to heat. Asbestos is commonly found in ceiling tiles, flooring and pipes.

Asbestos only becomes a danger when it is disturbed, causing the fibers to become airborne. This is commonly referred to as friable asbestos, while intact asbestos is referred to as non-friable asbestos. Asbestos Dangers

I am sure that you put his mind at ease with that informative post.  So now perhaps he can sleep better with the bugs in his bed and asbestos above his head.

kincanucks said:
I am sure that you put his mind at ease with that informative post.  So now perhaps he can sleep better with the bugs in his bed and asbestos above his head.

KC,

I am not sayinig that is NOT the case...I am asking how 'we' know that IS the case...vice rumours.

Eye In The Sky said:
I am asking how 'we' know that IS the case...vice rumours.

Because rumours and urban legends dont happen in the military.

pstrois said:

And they are still deemed inhabitable today, or else nobody would be allowed to live in them.

You should have seen what some of the buildings that some of us who have been around for a while have lived in.

Bed bugs would creep me out too. But if asbestos is one of his biggest worries, I sure hope he is not moving into a PMQ! (As I type this and nervously peer around my computer screen, the red bordered 10X4 inch "Warning This attic may contain asbestos Do not enter" sign (1 of 3 in my house)  stares back at me with defiance. Almost daring me to get closer)

CDNAIRFORCE said:
But if asbestos is one of his biggest worries, I sure hope he is not moving into a PMQ! (As I type this and nervously peer around my computer screen, the red bordered 10X4 inch "Warning This attic may contain asbestos Do not enter" sign (1 of 3 in my house)  stares back at me with defiance. Almost daring me to get closer)

Glad to hear that I'm not alone.

Regards

CDNAIRFORCE said:
(As I type this and nervously peer around my computer screen, the red bordered 10X4 inch "Warning This attic may contain asbestos Do not enter" sign)

That is there because ceiling cat likes its privacy.

Ceiling cat eh? He/she must be the source of the rustling/scratching I hear near the common wall shared with the neighbour. And here I thought it was a bird or squirrel. Not that I would ever phone CFHA to deal with it. After the experience of the plumber attempting to fix a leaky washer tap with a slice of bread, the last thing I want them to do is go near a door that blocks the asbestos from the rest of the house. Oh well. I guess I will have to live with listening to Ceiling Cat's antics until he ends up expiring from lung cancer from living in an asbestos filled attic.

Perhaps it will make me feel a little better. Haha Meanwhile I try not to think of it.
For the Hoochie, well it was perhaps just an idea.

Ive over hear this story from other staff here on base.

Quit your winning son!

:salute:

I've got a whole lengthy post to put up here regarding asbestos and the like, but it doesn't apply. Suffice to say, if the shack was deemed uninhabitable by CE, you wouldn't be in there. Go through your CofC and complain the proper way, if you feel hard done by or unsafe.

Safety is a command responsibility, and they will have to address it and alleviate your fears.

Keep all your documentation. That way when you think you have asbestosis fifty years from now you can start a class action suit for everyone that ever stayed in the same building ;)

After 40 some odd years, I don't think I ever stayed in a DND building that someone said hadn't been condemned at one time or another.

Back to the two highlighted sentences.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back