• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Common law girlfriend and SQ and BIQ

Jake

Inactive
Reaction score
I've done a few searches and haven't found anything on this. I'm sure it's on here but I just can't seem to find it. I know during BMQ you don't get a chance to see your spouse, are there any chances to see him/her during SQ and BIQ? This is for Regular Force Infantry. ThanksĀ  :)

I can only speak for BMQ on this. I graduated from St Jean about a month ago and we were allowed leave on weekends to go home or just generally leave the base after the 4th week. That's as long as your platoon behaved itself of course.

Cheers :cdn:

there are a lot of variables here.
How far away is your significant other? That's going to be a big factor.
How well your platoon does will impact directly on how much time off you get, and how soon into the course you get it.
Those are the two biggest ones, I can think of.

I was gone for almost a year before I saw my now wife. That's a rare and worst-case scenario, mind you.

She is in Barrie Ontario, about an hour north of Toronto.

Then that depends on were you do your course. If you do your SQ in meaford, you are only about an hour and a half to barrie, so if you have leave on the weekend, its a definate go.

Back