• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Common Army Phase

WATCHDOG-81

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the dates for this summer's CAP serials in Gagetown?   Additionally, have there been any changes to the structure of the course?   From what I have been told it changes from year to year.   Cheers.

Gagetown CAP serials from the NRC calendar:

Reserve:
ARMY OFFR DP1 - CAP (R)   UNMODULARIZED RES 40 24 27 E 16-May-05 17-Jun-05

Reg:
ARMY OFFR DP1 - CAP REG 40 24 55 E 30-May-05 12-Aug-05

yes, I just modified the above post to include the reg force serial that was listed on the NRC.

Does anyone have current information on the upcoming CAP courses.  I have the dates as provided by P Kaye, however, I am wondering if anyone has any info on the material taught/assessed.  I have searched on-line and through the DIN, however, I haven't been able to find anything.  A year ago I found a copy of a draft Training Plan (A-P1-002-D10/PH-B01), dated 1 Apr 03, however, I can no longer find it.  Has it been accepted as the training standard?  The reason that I am asking is that I am already qualified on many of the PO/EOs covered according to this TP.  Thanks.

Don't expect to get the course written off unless you've completed PLQ Land.

Garett Hallman said:
Don't expect to get the course written off unless you've completed PLQ Land.

I am not looking to get the course written off.   I am simply inquiring into what I should expect of the course in terms of what will be taught/assessed.   Is it essentially a trumped up version of the Land Environmental Training course?

Do they try to group "purple" trades into one platoon or are all candidates, regardless of background or trade, equally dispersed throughout the various platoons?

Hello

Does anyone know what to expect of of the CAP course running 2005. I am a reservist and thought i was doing CAP (R) but now that i have heard they changed the course to combine the regs and res.  So what should i be ready to expect physically, mentally, training in the class room, and in the field goes.?  That would be great if someone one could give me feed back

McClenaghan

Has the CAP course been changed to a mixed format for reg/res pers?  P Kay provided the dates for the CAP(R) as 16-May-05 to 17-Jun-05 and CAP REG from 30-May-05 to 12-Aug-05.  If this is the case, have the dates for the courses changed as well.  I have yet to receive my course loading message so I don't know what is going on as of yet.

Folks,

There is a lot of confusion about CAP-R right now - it's my understanding that the reg/reserve CAP-R will be available this summer but it runs for 11 weeks - or so it was the last I heard - this is obviously designed for reserve officers who have unlimited availability during the summer. I don't know if there is a module version of the course for people with limited availability - it could be that they will continue to use the old RAOTP two-week modules format (in which you must do three modules of two weeks each to qualify) but that's just speculation on my part.  If you check former posts you will see that the 11-week version is meant to be a return to (a version) of the old phase training that was part of the discontinued RESO program.

Hope that helps a bit, but I know it's not much, cheers, mdh

I'm not sure if they have combined course this year (reg & res), but I am fairly sure that the reg force dates are May 30 to Aug 10 05.   I will be on it, and thats the dates I saw off a different message.   If you are interested in what the TP is like, it is all on the DIN on the Infantry School site.   They have every lesson on there word and ppt.   They reccomend you read them all before coming.   As for physical and mental, take it for what it is worth, but the bulk of the instructors will be Infantry which should give you a good indication.   People who did the course before, said that in their case, they were cb'd for two weeks, usual inspections, pt every day your not in the field, longest run was around 7km, but again that was only their experience.   Best thing to do is to use the next three months to get in shape, cover the TP so you have a grasp of the course material, turn off your head for 10.5 weeks and it will all be over...see you in May.

Regarding your last chaos75.  The course dates i got for this summer were 30 may to 12 aug and its CAP.  Iwas told that there is not CAP R anymore and now they are combining the regs and res for that cv\ourse and everyone does the full 11 weeks together.

If you're available to do the entire course in one summer then you are doing the Reg Force CAP (phase 2) course then if you're available to do the entire Phase 3 course in one summer you'll do the Reg Force Phase 3.

Greetings,

I'm slated to go on my CAP course in Sept.  I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the things I have to look forward too.

I do know that I will be re-trained on the C-7, C-9, 9mm and Hand Grenades.  (I was originally trained on them in the Reserves.)  But that's all I know.

Thanks for any insite.

Just looking to see if anyone on here was on that course and what it was like.   Cheers.

Does anyone know where I can find the joining instructions for the CAP course this summer?  I would like to have a look at them, the sooner the better, so I can get ready and not have to rush when it comes time to leave. 

Thanks

There on the DIN at the Infantry School website.  If you refer to your course message, there is an address listed.

Back