• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

college in the States

RiflemanPhil

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi
I am currently applying to two colleges in the US, Yale and Columbia, and my univ. councillor tells me I have a good chance of being accepted. The problem is, I don't want to leave the canadian military for the 5 years I would be attending there. Is there any way to complete an exchange program with a reserve unit in the states, either marine corps or army? (infantry is my specialty)

Watch yer back if you end up in New Haven.
I think Elvis had a song about the area surrounding that campus  :)
I was just in New Haven a few weeks ago and they seem like they have cleaned up the place a bit since I was there in '81...however.

Lux et veritas

Go Yale

TM

Alrightey about the Yale thing, i'm certainly strongly considering it. At this point its whoever accepts me with the most scholarships. However, no one has yet answered my question (see above). Would someone mind giving me any information about exchange programs?

RiflemanPhil said:
Alrightey about the Yale thing, i'm certainly strongly considering it. At this point its whoever accepts me with the most scholarships. However, no one has yet answered my question (see above). Would someone mind giving me any information about exchange programs?

OK Fill

I'll try and answer, but I am sure that as an young inexperienced Reservist, you already know the answer that is coming.  NO!

To join the US Forces (Regular, Reserve or National Guard), and get paid, you'll have to have a Green Card, not a Student Visa.  (Or be an US Citizen)  There are no exchanges between US and Cdn Reserve Units, in the way of employment.  No Exchange Programs.

Perhaps you can arrange for some form of a leave of absence from your Reserve Unit and return to them for Summer Employment while you are going to University.  That will still provide you with Summer Employment.

http://www.yale.edu/rotc/dailylife.html

Ask if a FORNAT can come play. Given the political climate down there right now, one never knows, you may end up being 'merican

Lux et Veritas

TM

Darn. well i suppose i'll have to get the leave of absence. Or find a hot american to wed, ;). What is a fornat?

RiflemanPhil said:
Darn. well i suppose i'll have to get the leave of absence. Or find a hot american to wed, ;). What is a fornat?

foreign national

Hmmm  fond memories of Yalie girls at toadies bar...... yes I seem to remember there were a few hot girls going there. Mostly old money or pennyless on scholorships. Adjust your fire accordingly.

Lux et Veritas

TM

Back