• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Class B Service Policy question.

catalyst

Reaction score
Question for some of the PRES types out there (yes, I know I'm not PRES and the policies do not apply to me, but I'm looking on some background information from the other side of the house).

Person A gets a 364 day Class B contract and transfers to a different establishment.

Person A parades on a voluntary basis with their unit.

When the person finishes their contract, are they able to post back into their unit into a position?

I'm looking for a reference, I did find something for the naval reserves which said IAW reference above  - and didn't list a reference.

Unless the person was put on a PRL, then they should never left their home establishment.

but if they transferred as per the original post....

Perhaps the contract was actually a B/A which usually is a transfer to the employing unit establishment.  In that case they would have to request a transfer to their old unit and hope there was a position open there.

CountDC said:
Perhaps the contract was actually a B/A which usually is a transfer to the employing unit establishment. 
That should not happen in most cases, unless the employing unit is a reserve establishment.  In accordance with CFAO 2-8, a Primary Reservist must belong to a Primary Reserve unit, a Primary Reserve HQ, or a PRL.  I have several B and B/A reservists, and every one of them shows on my establishment and on one or the other of Primary Reserve unit, Primary Reserve HQ, or PRL.

That should happen in all cases of B/A.  B/A are established positions for the member to be transferred to whether a pres or PRL establishment.  In your case it sounds the same as mine so if you do a Personnel Listing for the unit you will see that the members that are on Cl B and B/A show as attached in vice on your actual establishment.  It will show the Cl B attached in from their home unit and the B/A  as attached in from PRL (I just checked ours in outlook products). It will also show you those members you have attached out.

Regardless, the OP stated the member had transferred, thus he will have to request a transfer back to his unit. Of course this is assuming the OP posted correct information.

Back