• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civy nurse in KAF

observor 69

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Friend of mine is an Emerg nurse here in Toronto and asked me if there is any chance for him to get a job in the KAF hospital?
I said I would ask in this forum.
Anyone able to hep providing info or links ?

Thanks

CANCAP - SNC-Lavalin PAE website:

http://www.snclavalinpae.com/eng/HowToApply.aspx

This is what got him thinking about going over.

Nurse to deploy to Afghanistan; KGH employee to treat wounded soldiers, civilians.

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=991784&auth=Jennifer+Pritchett+Whig-Standard+Staff+Writer

My sister-in-law was going to apply.  I did get someone's name (sorry, forget now) but apparently the waiting list is quite long.

The applications also have alot to do with who you know, not what you know. We had the Mil Nurses come into recruit and train them ( thats a whole diffrent story). The ony nurses that were asked to apply were friends of the recruiters.
R711 OUT

Currently for theatre operations, we are only accepting applications from EXPERIENCED civilian nurses with backgrounds in ICU and the ER. With that being said, the application process is long, and it appears they are very sticky with having both ICU and ER experience (as our military CCNOs are expected to have). The purpose of hiring these type of civilian nurses is to provide some relief to the CCNO trade (which is undermanned, therefore resulting in frequent and multiple deployments, ~1 year turn arounds), and as well to augment the military nurses with additional medical experience and job knowledge.
At present, all positions are filled until 2009. I recommend that if a civ is interested that they apply soonest as it doesn't appear to be a shortage of interest from the civilian sector  to fill these positions.
If you wish for specific contact information, please e-mail me directly.
Cheers,
J

Back