• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civillians Wearing Kit

Get over it!

People can wear what they want (besides rank ect.)

I thought we were here to protect peoples freedom?

There are so many different people who wear surplus, shooters, hunters, photographers, paintballers, hikers, farmers ect. Big deal.

I like the part about hippie medals, and then we can wear them and make fun of them!

But seriously
Be very careful about wearing surplus clothing overseas, it is an offence in Malaysia to wear military clothing and they will arrest you for it, in other countries they might just shoot first! In fact there was a story in the Malaysian newspapers about a older guy that dressed up like an officer to impress a waitress he was in love with, he was caught and charged

My wife has Malaysian army pants, similar to the Brit pattern and are very made and nice to look at, next time I am over there I will try to get a pair for my self.

Frankly I can't figure why someone would want a cdn combat jacket, I always found them cold, restricts movement and uncomfortable, the pants are good for bush walking, but the shirt just looks goofy. Just missed the camo Garrison jacket, I know it seems like a bad idea now, but I think it was trying to make soldiers look like soldier, rather than bus drivers, couriers etc.

The worse part of being in the Coast Guard is that when in uniform you do look like a bus driver and will be asked when is the 239 due! Sigh.....

The Garrison Dress Jacket was horrible indeed, and yet it seems to have found favour among drifters and homeless people. The officers at NDHQ seemed to like it too, but I am sure that is mere coincidence. ;)

Really, though, the uniform was well-intentioned but useless for its intended role, as a garrison uniform. Doing vehicle maintenance in the boots was disastrous, doing office work in the jacket was a joke. The belt was worn, due to the lousy design of the jacket, just under the wearer‘s nipples, and the debates still rage whether or not the little plastic bit on the buckle went on the top, or the bottom!

The best part of that uniform was the revival of full colour cloth shoulder titles, though it seemed odd to see bright yellow, red and blue "flashes" on a camouflage jacket with subdued rank insignia.

But if the bums want to carry on the tradition, more power to them. I believe Garrison Dress is still on the books, isn‘t it, as an official order of dress?

Ok alot of you guys are making reference to ppl wearing combat pants in the woods and for outdoor purposes, thats a huge contrast from some greenpeace army hating hippie actually wearing combats to make some type of statement (whatever that is) those are the ones that piss me off. If someone were to bring kit out camping with them well all the power to them.

Originally posted by BDTyre:
[qb] Kit is great for cameras. I picked up an "82" butt pack for my camera. Its roomy, has pockets for batteries, cards, and anything else I might need, and its reasonably water resistant. Best of all, it was $17, much cheaper than the $60 I‘ve seen for similar looking traditional camera bags.

A friend of mine, ex-militia turned professional photograhper, uses his old webbing for his camera gear. [/qb]
It‘s great for accesories, never trust it with your actual camera though, it‘s not padded in any way. Most consumer grade cameras, even the high end ones, are not really up to the shock of even a slight dropping.

Hippies wearing Cobats sounds kinda oxy-moronic.

You haven't seen a hippy (or equililent) wearing some sort of combats?

I'd like to take a  :fifty: to the...

It was enraging to see them at those so called peace rallies.

Just a Sig Op said:
[qb] Kit is great for cameras.  I picked up an "82" butt pack for my camera. Its roomy, has pockets for batteries, cards, and anything else I might need, and its reasonably water resistant.  Best of all, it was $17, much cheaper than the $60 I've seen for similar looking traditional camera bags.

A friend of mine, ex-militia turned professional photograhper, uses his old webbing for his camera gear. [/qb]
It's great for accesories, never trust it with your actual camera though, it's not padded in any way. Most consumer grade cameras, even the high end ones, are not really up to the shock of even a slight dropping.

I find the utility pouch can hold my Nikon FE and my 80-200 mm telescopic lens perfectly.  I can understand why photographers like the "82" and I am going to try and put a 2nd utility pouch on my webbing for my camera to take pictures in the field.  ;D

A while ago the was some sort of recruiting event a my regiment.   There was this guy dressed all in OD combat, boots, dog tags and all.    He even had a cpl insignia.

edit: he also wanted to be a "special forces sniper"

J. Gayson said:
Just a Sig Op said:
[qb] Kit is great for cameras.  I picked up an "82" butt pack for my camera. Its roomy, has pockets for batteries, cards, and anything else I might need, and its reasonably water resistant.  Best of all, it was $17, much cheaper than the $60 I've seen for similar looking traditional camera bags.

It's great for accesories, never trust it with your actual camera though, it's not padded in any way. Most consumer grade cameras, even the high end ones, are not really up to the shock of even a slight dropping.

I find the utility pouch can hold my Nikon FM and my 80-200 mm telescopic lens perfectly.   I can understand why photographers like the "82" and I am going to try and put a 2nd utility pouch on my webbing for my camera to take pictures in the field.    ;D

I too found that the utility pouch worked well with my Sony DV cam and my Canon S50... the ammo pouches held the extra batts and other gear nicely. Oh it also fit my night vision rig really nice... but I had to put some insulating rippled foam in to protect my gear.

I only wore this rig when I was video recording or photographing field exercises or PB/AS games.

Cheers.

We live in a free country, therefore hippies are free to make dufus' out of themselves.

I just hope that to the average Joe Potato out on the streets, that these buffoons who strut around in combat attire don't represent the men and women of the Canadian military.

I believe the plural of dufus is dufi. Therefore, these people are making dufi out of themselves.

;)

Alex

Back