• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civies take it all for granted-Do You Hate Peace Protesters?

Ha,

Here at the U of O the student union‘s immediate response to the attacks was to launch an anti-racism campaign. We also had one of those "Islam isn‘t bad lectures," and a peace rally of about 200 people in front of the U.S. embassy (although I don‘t think that was organized by the university).

But this being Ottawa, I‘m sure there‘s more to come. Especially if Canada starts dropping bombs.

No "dead in‘s" though, that one‘s pretty amusing.

Alfreda:
Those 1,000,000 people guaranteed the peaceniks the right to protest. I hope the peaceniks eventually realize it (sooner or later). My friend Centurion says something about people sleeping soundly because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. I wonder if they would have protested the second world war?

Recce:
There is a lady, I beleive she‘s in her 90‘s now, (can‘t quite remember her name) anyway, she protested during the second war. Last nights news had an interview with her. So, there were protests and demonstrations, even then.
While I am here, I‘m speaking in several schools,for the first time, with regards to Poppy and Rememberance day. Anybody have any ideas how I can approach little ones in order to make it interesting without scaring the bejeebers out of them. Like I said, I am a "civvy". Very involved with our Canadian Veterans though. I have been given no giudelines, only an advisory to make the content accurate.
Cheers
Freda

Alfreda,

Sounds like you‘re involved in some challenging and important work. I‘d recommend you start a new thread and ask your question there. You‘re more likely to get the type of information you‘re looking for that way...

Cheers

Back