• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chosing my school classes

DeepThaut

Inactive
Reaction score
I‘m in grade 10 now and I have to choose my classes for next year and I want to be engineer. I‘m just wondering what classes would be good for being a combat engineer. I know I‘m not gonna be able to take advanced math so I‘m just gonna take normal math. But I‘m wondering if physics would be a good idea to take? If anybody has more suggestions let me know!

-Nordwind :cdn:

Are you Planning on NCM or Officer

The Difference Being a Engineering Degree

Or No Specific Courses At All

Ya thats what i thought. Darn I forgot to specify that, I wanna be NCM.

Well to be an NCM there isnt really any course you Do need But Maths and Sciences could Never Hurt

If I am Mistaken feel free to Correct me

All the Science‘s along with math help because if you stay in and start climbing the rank‘s you will find that one or more of them come‘s into play on differant course‘s.

Alright thanks for the info guys!! I really apreciate it! I‘m gonna take math, physics and chemistry (don‘t know if it helps but I personally like that subject) and of course all the other classes like english, french, geography and that stuff. So thanks!! :D

Make sure you pay attention in english dude it‘s spelled "choosing"..... I‘m just being a **** man good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

If you‘re looking to keep your options open down the road (should you decide to pursue an engineering degree) make sure that you have courses in: Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, and Algebra and Geometry (these names might be different in NS than in ON).

It never hurts to set your sights high. That way if you decide that you don‘t want to get the engineering degree, you still have a step up on those who never took the math/science courses.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice! They helped alot! So I hope it works out and I‘ll be proudly wearing the engineer cap badge a bit after I‘m done high school. :salute:

Engineer Corporal said:
Make sure you pay attention in english
This is good advice for anybody.

SEB123 said:
take advanced math
Some of the math we use in demolitions or other activities may suprise you.   I don't find any of it hard, but you may find it advantageous to learn your basic trigonometry in high school and not at CFSME.

Back