• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

chap

davidhmd said:
Same reason we got SHARP in the CF, to ensure that people had a recourse when they felt that certain basic human rights (no sexual, physical or emotional harassment) were being abused.

To expand a bit, I understand that SHARP was used in cadet units as well until it was determined that a cadet-specific programme should be developed -- that was CHAP.

It's easier answered if you asked your UHRA no?

I have heard that the CHAP program is being relaced altogether. :eek: So said the XO of HMCS Ontario SCSTC.

The chap program has been put on the cadet program to prevent some abuse, that has happen in the past. It is important that the cadet know he has the possibility to go against abuse, harassment and stuff like this.

wetter you agree with it, it will stay there, all cadet, staff and officer has to go trough it each year (a reminder for older cadet) and a Leadership option for cadet that will have someone under his/her command.

It has been helpfull in the past since the program exist...some problem were prevented.

mysteriousmind said:
The chap program has been put on the cadet program to prevent some abuse, that has happen in the past. It is important that the cadet know he has the possibility to go against abuse, harassment and stuff like this.

wetter you agree with it, it will stay there, all cadet, staff and officer has to go trough it each year (a reminder for older cadet) and a Leadership option for cadet that will have someone under his/her command.

It has been helpfull in the past since the program exist...some problem were prevented.

While the CHAP program has helped prevent some stuff I and many other people I know feel it's deeply flawed.  It's excellent that a anti-harassment program is in place but it needs to be better refined and developed, I say this as several of my cadets have been CHAP'd for informing someone if they did not desist they would enact the CHAP program upon them, which seems odd and wrong to me.

It depends on how it is used... at My former unit, while I was former LT (platoon commander) We did not have problem with it... the tool is not a bad tool.  it is how badly it is used.

Otar said:
While the CHAP program has helped prevent some stuff I and many other people I know feel it's deeply flawed.  It's excellent that a anti-harassment program is in place but it needs to be better refined and developed, I say this as several of my cadets have been CHAP'd for informing someone if they did not desist they would enact the CHAP program upon them, which seems odd and wrong to me.

I've heard lot of people talk about how they were threatened with a harassment complaint just for doing their jobs... but I've never heard of any such complaint amounting to anything.  A competent UHRA will shut it down quickly.

Back