• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Changing my application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

len173

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

I couldn't quite find wha I was looking for when I searched. Does anyone have any experience with changing from Res to reg BEFORE being sworn in?

I put my application in for primary res 031, and it's taken much longer than anticipated. It's been 3 1/2 months since I handed it in, and I haven't even been contacted to write the CFAT/interview/medical. So in that time some things in my life have changed, and I am seriously considering the regular force.

Can I just call the CFRC and ask them to change what I marked down on my file? Should I wait until I've completed the testing and interviews? Will they want to close my file, and start all over again with a reg force file? Any info would be really helpful. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Len.

Call your local CFRC and tell them what you want done. That's the only 100% definitive way to found out what will happen with regards to you and your file.

Also, according to my local CFRC, there are a lot of regular force infantry soldier spots open. So much so that they told that if I want to be in the infantry, don't even bother putting any other choices. So, that is a bonus if that's what you want to do.

I originally put my application in as a regular force MARS officer. After a lot of talking with the PO2 at the CFRC, and talking with a MARS officer friend of mine that just finished phase 4, I changed my application to NESOp, NCIOp, NavComm in order of preference. And how did I do it? I went down to the CFRC and asked if they could change my application. 2 minutes later, it was done. Easy as that.

If you haven't heard from them in 3.5 months then you definitely need to contact them.

I was in that situation a couple of months ago, they said that in order to switch from Res to Reg before my swear in, I only had to call and tell them. That was it...  :nod:

If you haven't heard from them in 3.5 months then you definitely need to contact them.

I did, more than once, and it got me nowhere. They basically told me they are busy and to sit and wait some more.

I was in that situation a couple of months ago, they said that in order to switch from Res to Reg before my swear in, I only had to call and tell them. That was it... 

Awesome, thanks for the reply. And thanks to everyone else for lending a hand, I really appreciate it.

len173 said:
I did, more than once, and it got me nowhere. They basically told me they are busy and to sit and wait some more.

What recruiting centre are you dealing with?

Len you need to take control and tell the recruiting office what you want! I dropped my application off on May 21 and called exactly one week later and set up my CFAT for June 8. They may have your application but from what I have seen it's up to you to make the process move faster by bringing it to someones attention and booking your CFAT,Medical and interview so get on the horn and get some good answers and tell them you want a date for your CFAT.

Good luck my friend.

I changed mine from res to reg  the week after I dropped it off.  Just call the CFRC, tell them who you are and that you would like to change it and what your new trade choices are.  It certainly wasn't a problem.  I'd call them once a month to check on progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back