• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Changing Fields

port

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been eccepted into communications with the armed forces, but really wanted Infantry.  Is it easy to change over after your training?

Should read this thread. If you wanted infantry that bad you should have said no to your offer and continued to strive for what you wanted.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/111569.0.html

Strongly agree with Teager.

While there are options to change trades later on in your career, they are by no means a viable thing to base your career around.  Having done the paperwork for a few OT's, understand it is not as simple as "I want a new trade!", especially if the CF has invested the time and money into training you for a particular trade.

I'd recommend getting in touch with your RC and see about withdrawing your acceptance, unless you've already signed paperwork and think you will enjoy comms for your initial contract.

Hey Guys and Gals,

Since I just passed my CFAT yesterday with flying colours I thought it was time I made a profile and stopped lurking.

My question is similar to the original one which started this thread, except that I haven't been offered any employment yet.  I was just wondering if I can still request to change occupation choices once I've written the CFAT, or if doing the CFAT with occupations chosen locks me in to those choices.

Just in case anyone is curious, I originally wanted Infantry, but I was told that I was deemed "uncompetitive" (their word, not mine) for that trade because I don't have any community involvement or sports affiliations.  I was then steered in the direction of NCI OP, which, after I checked it out, seemed like an interesting trade I would enjoy doing too.

Long story short, the Combat Engineer trade looks great to me, and I want to really push for that, just didn't know if I would have to rewrite or what have you (this is still all quite new to me).

Thanks,

J.

Request the change ASAP. You will not have to re write the CFAT.

Back