• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Change of Heart: Job offer for Reg force, now want Reserves.

consumed

Inactive
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was given my Job Offer (Official) for Sig Ops which I accepted.  I have not yet had my swear in ceremony nor signed anything as that takes place in 2 weeks.  I've had a change in heart and wanted to switch my application from regular force to reserves.  Why? Multiple reasons, I need to make sure this is 100% what I want before I sign a 4yr deal, and Fiancee issues.  Now, I talked to a recruiter at a regiment for communications last night, he explained to me that all I needed to do was call my reg force recruitment office and have them send my file down to them.  So today that's what I"m going to do but here's my question: I assume obviously the reg force recruitment office may not be too happy, yes? So when I ask them to send my file down to the reserve communication office, what time frame am I going to be looking at?  Few days? Few months?  Since my application process is fully complete, I was told as soon as the reserve office got my file, I would just get the call to be sworn in to them.  My big worry is that I still want in really bad, just the reserves, but I hope now that my file does not take a long while to be send over.  Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for replies.  Cheers.

Have you spoken with your career counsellor at this point?

How can I put this... I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen overnight. I could be wrong.

Good luck.

Yes they are going to be so pissed at you that they are going to take your file and hide it behind a filing cabinet.  Get over yourself they don't care that you now want to go reserves.  As you have stated you haven't been enrolled yet and it is a simple function to change your entry plan to reserves besides there are many other applicants that would gladly take your spot.

consumed said:
So when I ask them to send my file down to the reserve communication office, what time frame am I going to be looking at?  Few days? Few months?  Since my application process is fully complete, I was told as soon as the reserve office got my file, I would just get the call to be sworn in to them. 

Timeline?? Reserves??

Depends upon if that ResF Unit has a vacant position for you to fill; if they don't --- you'll have to wait until they do to be sworn in. That could take days -- or months. If they are currently "at strength", then you'll be waiting until they aren't.

consumed,
It is a simple trip to your CFRC and talk to a Military Career Counsellor. The recruiters would much rather you reconsider now and make a change than go on BMQ and Voluntary Release. They might be disappointed but better than signing up and than quitting. They get pissed when you change your mind at the very last minute and we don't have a chance to fill the BMQ vacancy due to short time lines. Remember you are still in control of your life until you sign the contract . Good Luck and I wish you well.

This sucks, I guess they arn't going to be to pleased then with my short notice.  I can't get into the CFRC until Tuesday I assume because of the long weekend, and my swear in is scheduled for Wednesday morning.  :(
I do hope my file gets transfered faily fast though so that I can still be sworn into the Reserve regiment soon. 

Back