• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF Rifle Teams - Competition Shooting Bisley (UK) and AASAM in Australia in 2005

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Well its early, but its March already. Before you know it, your northern summer will be here, as our autumn is now just 2 days old here in the south.

Bisley is in Jun/Jul and AASAM is in Nov.

I am wondering if anyone knows if the CF will be sending any teams overseas for this. Australia is slated to send a team to the UK, but I will not be there, but next year for sure (so I am told anyways).

I will be at AASAM here (same place as last year - Singleton in NSW's Hunter Valley wine region) in Nov (Armourer for Int'l Competitors), as many international teams will be here. It has been 3 yrs since Canada sent a team here to Australia, and if you are a keen shooter (CFSAC or similar) spread the word through the chain of command in your Unit (RegF or PRes).

"Watch and shoot"

Cheers,

Wes

I understand 45 Commando RM will be sending a team, unless operational needs dictate otherwise.

Unfortunately competitive shooting seems to have taken a hit in the CF as we didn't even have CFSAC last year.  I haven't heard if it is going to happen this year or not but I'm not holding my breath.  Hopefully the funding will show up from somewhere.

I'd give my eyeteeth to participate in such events. However, every time someone my my unit approaches the idea of having a shooting team, they are always shut down because of budgetary restraints.

Anyone else in the reserve world have success at getting something like this going?

In 2002, here in QLD, there was a variety of RegF (RCR), PRes (LSSR GGFG, and QOR), Rangers, and Navy who were on the Cdn team. I'll see if I can find a pic and post it. I am due to fly back to Sydney this weekend, and again for Easter to pack (so I'll hunt for a pic). We finally sold our home there on Tuesday. So, in about 5 weeks, I can finally escape living in the 1 Div SGTs Mess ;D  ;D  ;D!!!

Lets hope for some CADPAT here in Australia this November.

Cold beers,

Wes

Back