• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF policy on Quebec Seperatists in the army.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
sorry for putting too many things in one post.

I'll make this brief.

In my recent travels I met some CF members all of which considered themselves to be Quebecois Seperatist first and Canadians last.

I guess I can understand the difference of opinion caused by the history between English and French but why does the CF allow seperatists in the army? The Quebecois of today are far far more radical then they have ever been. If a major terrorist attack or other catastrophic event were to ever take place I don't think these people could be trusted to help fellow Canadians. In the event of a WMD terrorist attack things in North America would change no doubt. I think that if something were to happen and the military has to take over Quebec would use the situation to spark a revolution of somekind.

Anyone have any information to help answer my question? I know it's a hard question to ask but it has to be asked in my opinion.

Guest said:
I guess I can understand the difference of opinion caused by the history between English and French but why does the CF allow seperatists in the army?

Call me silly but I think this little document called the Charter of Rights and Freedoms allows everyone -- even people in the military -- to have political opinions.  Moreover, until they have takes treasonous actions, that other little doctrine called the *presumption of innocence* would require them to be treated like everyone else.

[/quote] The Quebecois of today are far far more radical then they have ever been. [/quote]

Bullshit.  Give me one scrap of empirical evidence and I will eat my beret -- liner and all.

[/quote] If a major terrorist attack or other catastrophic event were to ever take place I don't think these people could be trusted to help fellow Canadians. In the event of a WMD terrorist attack things in North America would change no doubt. [/quote]

Quebec is part of North America, remember??? They, too would be subject to any attack.  Quebec does not have its own national army and would have to rely on Canadian Forces and other emergency measures organizations for survival/aid etc -- like the rest of Canada. 

[/quote] Anyone have any information to help answer my question? I know it's a hard question to ask but it has to be asked in my opinion. [/quote]

Your question is not hard but ridiculous.

So they are seperatists...who cares.

The CF is made up from a cross section of canadian society. Sometimes we don't all get along with our views on religion, or sexuality, so why should our ploitics get in the way...

the charter of rights and freedoms is a good point.

But I still don't see why seperatists should be allowed in the Military. I just don't trust those people with government military equipment like that.

Guest said:

But I still don't see why seperatists should be allowed in the Military. I just don't trust those people with government military equipment like that.

Yeah... well it appears that you might be a tad paranoid.  That being said, unless they pose a security risk -- and there is NO evidence to suggest that they do -- a Quebec separatiste is as entitled to serve as any other Canadian. 

Besides, I prefer a loud, proud separatiste to a closet separatiste any day... atleast I know that he/she is really thinking about.

True. But it doesn't look good for the military. I was in Ottawa during the summer to see the Guard Parade and in my opinon the seperatists in the unit were too loud. It gives Canada a bad name.

WTF do you mean by that?

Guest said:
True. But it doesn't look good for the military. I was in Ottawa during the summer to see the Guard Parade and in my opinon the seperatists in the unit were too loud. It gives Canada a bad name.

With this comment, I end my discussion with you.  You are inane.

Guest said:
I was in Ottawa during the summer to see the Guard Parade and in my opinon the seperatists in the unit were too loud. It gives Canada a bad name.

Woah....now you are making accusations and not backing them up.

Mind explaining?

Regards

Guest said:

Please provide source material that establishes a realistic assumption that a threat exists which could be applied to all these people you would term "separatists"..

Please define how, under the NDA or other Federal regulation you would prevent a "separatist" from joining the CF.

Please describe you you would go about identifying these separatists in order to prevent their enrolling.

If your selected 'separatists" should not be allowed to join, shall we also preclude any who speak out against a govermnment in power, ..... hmmmm, since we now have a Conservative government, how about all those who didn't like the Liberals.

Re: Anti-War Demonstrations - Halifax
« Reply #48 on: Today at 14:39:33 » Quote  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is it with all this Left wing right wing crap?
One thing that politics has shown me is that we have been divided and turned against one another. We've forgotten we're on the same team.

Seems you're contradicting yourself by starting this thread then saying that.

only because seperatism leads to terrorism. Terrorism is the biggest threat to this world right now. Whether it's Al-Queda or home grown.

Guest....I have asked you to back up this claim.

I was in Ottawa during the summer to see the Guard Parade and in my opinon the seperatists in the unit were too loud. It gives Canada a bad name.

Don't skirt it.

Regards

Guest said:
only because seperatism leads to terrorism. Terrorism is the biggest threat to this world right now. Whether it's Al-Queda or home grown.

Umm...yeaaaaah when was the last time the FLQ did anything extreme? Does the FLQ even exist anymore? Stop adding drama where there is none.

Guest said:

Quebec nationalism cannot be compared to radical or fundamentalist islamism... that is like comparing -- oh i don't know -- apples -- to say -- nuclear weapons.

Get a grip. ::)

I find your thread quite unreasonnable.  Everybody is entitled to their political opinion, and until there is hard proof that said individuals will pose a security threat to Canada, such comments made by yourself should be more carefully reviewed.  They have taken an oath like all of us to defend Canada, and I believe that as Canadian soldiers they will uphold that oath.  

Remember that not all Québecois are seperatists.  When you say that us Québecois are more radical these days and that we can't be trusted, be careful of the implication this may have and be mindful of the audience you are targeting.

More research before starting a thread is definitely a good idea.

Cheers

Guest said:

I would cetainly like it much better if you did not log in as guest, but you have all of your facts all wrong for one. And yes there are some seperatist in the forces in Quebec, but they are very, very few, less than 2% in the forces in Quebec. There are more reservists but as they spend time with English people and travel on tour most become federalists.

But to point out a question that has been posed, I lived in alberta and was with PPCLI members as well, and met a few Western Canada seperatists, do they not cause the same problem?

Quote from Chop,
I would cetainly like it much better if you did not log in as guest

Very good point and when he/she comes back he/she can pick another name as that one is now reserved. It is a title on the forum so Chop would be correct.
Thanks....

..and I only changed one little letter... ;)

I am a "québecois" its not all quebecois is separatist in the CF... Its a small minority ans the opinion change about this separatist mouvement... We believe in Canada and a majority served Canada with proud. PLease change ur opinion about quebecois in the CF because the majority dont believe in this.

Sorry for my english... i try and i learn ;)

If you advocate the release of Quebec Separatists from the CF, we'd be in big trouble.

Why? Because we would have to get rid of all the Newfoundland, Republic of Cape Breton, and Western separatists as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back