• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF advertising at school

Wow, I suddenly have the urge to go defend Singapore. Why can't we have ads like that?

hey Britney Spears,

i was looking at those pictures and i cant figure out whether they're advertising the canadian army, the american army or some oriental country's army? is it one? them all ?

jerrythunder said:
hey Britney Spears,

i was looking at those pictures and i cant figure out whether they're advertising the canadian army, the american army or some oriental country's army? is it one? them all ?

Are you serious?  How about the Singaporean military, DA.

Ahahah yeah, I wasnt quite sure myself but then I noticed something...THEY ARE ALL SINGAPOREAN and have Singaporean symbols so then then they must be defending ...Mexico!? :blotto: Why cant we have Awsome posters like that, recruiting would be up within a few weeks of these being posted! then again ours are pretty cool ::) "Defend your country...or work a desk job at NDHQ!" ahahah not really but they arent much better. Who does our PR anyways?! IMHO they need to get a kick in the pants and hurry up!
UBIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldiers..trained to defend their country? Who woulda thunked it? Here I was thinking we live in a world of rose peddles and are just here to keep the eternal peace.

Maybe I'm far off on this one.

The practice of assigning PAFO duties to some officer with nothing more than a five day indoctrination into the realm of public affairs is crazy.

PAFOs should work in concert with recruiting efforts at both community and school levels.   They should be used as an support arms in the arsenal of CF publicity.

This is a very true statement. Unfortunately the fault is not all on the side of the PA world-a lot of Cbt A types, especially senior ones who should know better, still don't fully   understand PA or Info Ops, and relegate it to a secondary role where it is bound to be ineffective.   Information is a weapon: it will be used by us or against us. If we are able to get our message out effectively by using our PA resources, we will do way better. The PAO needs to be part of the inner staff team of the HQ (or the unit) and has to be kept "in the loop". Info ops campaigns(such as we are launching now in LFWA to support the rebuilding of the Area's Res leadership cadre) have to involve the PA. You need to get your Bde PAOs away on the various Canadian and US Army courses that are offered (they can't qualify for the PA MOSID if they don't have the training). If you have a strong Bde PA cell, your UIOs can function with the basic PA introductory course, as long as they lean on the Bde for help, and stay plugged into the command and ops nets.
Finally, operators and PAOs need to be reminded that the PAO's job is not to be the "talking head"-their job is to get the operators (at all rank levels...) in front of the media. That is when we tell our story best.

Cheers.

Back