• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CDS to CTV: Canada "Well ahead of many of our NATO allies" on vets

Good2Golf said:
In Ottawa-speak, this is acknowledgement that there are still SOME people who are falling through the cracks, and that while there has been improvement in a number of aspects of veteran treatment, there is still room to go.

Agree that comparatives with other nations are of less value than the issue at hand demands, but does serve to provide some backstop for those who critique that nothing is being done.  The irony is that much of the critique comes from many of the very people who voted for the New Veterans Charter back in '05.

If the CDS works with the Veterans' Ombudsman, Mr. Guy Parent, to address a number of the recognized shortcomings to the NVC, as noted in the Ombudsman's January 2013 report (link), then this will go a long way to ensuring that injured Veterans are provided the best support possible to deal with post-CAF life.

Regards
G2G

Thanks for posting this, it mirrors what I think about the present situation.

You don't air your dirty laundry in public, especially when you are in the military.  I would rather have someone that works issues in a background, especially in Ottawa, where a little tact goes a long way to making things happen.

Question for some:  Would you rather have the equivalent of a loud-mouthed union rep championing our cause?  I know I wouldn't because these types of people only serve as a distraction from the real people who can make things happen.

By the way, VAC has some very capable members of the CAF embedded in their organization who I know will not be afraid to drop the gloves and throw-down with bureaucrats. So to say Gen Lawson doesn't have a voice within the organization isn't exactly correct.

Back