• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cdn Cadet OD Slip-on Art work.

Looking to get 4 tabs in CADPAT and a dozen on OD that read 'NLCC 125'

There's also a Tailor shop here at CFB Esquimalt that makes tabs as well. you might be able to get them made there:

Mia’s Tailor Shop 
98 CFB Naden 
Victoria, BC. 
(250)-382-1539​

Well if CPGear doesn't work out...maybe I'll make a trip into Victoria.

Why would you want a slip on with your unit on it?

The only slip ons Cadets or the CIC are allowed to wear say CIC, or CADET on them.
anything else is illegal.
If you want fool people on the street that you are in the regular force or reserves.. Join the regular force or reserves.

I don't care if you intend to wear them only during unit exercises.. the point is, they are Illegal.

Nothing gets my goat like this crap.

Lerch said:
Looking to get 4 tabs in CADPAT and a dozen on OD that read 'NLCC 125'

Where would a CI with the Navy League get a CADPAT uniform? If you are Reg/Res then you must were your auth slipons.

The CADPAT topic has been beaten to death and then flogged several more times.  Keep it to slip-ons.

Kyle Burrows said:
The CADPAT topic has been beaten to death and then flogged several more times.  Keep it to slip-ons.

Sorry, I was rreferringto the slip-ons. The question remains, why would a Navy League CI require CADPAT Slip-ons? Navy League CIs are not even issued uniforms.

Edited for correction:  I was wrong. Navy League CIs can be issued the Navy League salt and peppers. But this still raises the question of why he would need CADPAT Slip-ons.

211RadOp said:
Sorry, I was rreferringto the slip-ons. The question remains, why would a Navy League CI require CADPAT Slip-ons? Navy League CIs are not even issued uniforms.

Edited for correction:  I was wrong. Navy League CIs can be issued the Navy League salt and peppers. But this still raises the question of why he would need CADPAT Slip-ons.
Because he wants to look cool in a CADPAT uniform that he has personally purchased perhaps.

PiperDown said:
Why would you want a slip on with your unit on it?

The only slip ons Cadets or the CIC are allowed to wear say CIC, or CADET on them.
anything else is illegal.
If you want fool people on the street that you are in the regular force or reserves.. Join the regular force or reserves.

I don't care if you intend to wear them only during unit exercises.. the point is, they are Illegal.

Nothing gets my goat like this crap.

Back to Slip ons CIC Army wear "CIC" I have seen Air and Navy CIC Officers wear "CANADA" is that Illegal too  :blotto:

I'm gonna say no, otherwise all the Air and Navy CIC are doing it wrong.

primer said:
Back to Slip ons CIC Army wear "CIC" I have seen Air and Navy CIC Officers wear "CANADA" is that Illegal too  :blotto:

There seems to be some ambiguity in the dress regs on that as far as combats go.  On DEUs, never.

CIC Army officers wear CIC on their DEUs like all other trained army personnel; the practice in the army it to wear the name of your regiment or branch on your shoulers, and CIC is a branch.  In the navy and air force this isn't done so CIC officers, like other officers in those elements, wear Canada on their shoulders.

I remember, back in my days (approx.2000), I had the opportunity to buy cadet od slip-ons.

Neill McKay said:
CIC Army officers wear CIC on their DEUs like all other trained army personnel; the practice in the army it to wear the name of your regiment or branch on your shoulers, and CIC is a branch. 
I am not 100% positive, maybe someone can confirm.............

In the army, there are different shoulder titles and combat titles.

Example, 3 Field Engineer Squadron wears ENGINEERS in DEU (brass and slip on) but wears 3 FD SQN in combats.  The Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa wear CAMERONS in DEU, yet wear CH of O in combats.

Again, I'm not positive.

ya sometimes on the combats and DEU the titles are not the same,
but mean tha same thing.

Cadets are not permitted to wear cadpat.  No member of the CF is permitted to loan their cadpat to a cadet.  Therefore no slip ons are required.

CO 113 said:
Cadets are not permitted to wear cadpat.  No member of the CF is permitted to loan their cadpat to a cadet.  Therefore no slip ons are required.
I was informed that CADPAT may be worn if the cadet has procured it themself.  CADET rank slip ons are required as is unit headdress.  The CATOs under dress regulations do NOT specify a textile pattern.

Furthermore, we should be considered lucky that we have regulations regarding the wearing of unit headdress and CADET rank; as the CCM does NOT as a whole provide an issued field uniform at home units - we have no control over what can be worn (unless it is directly endangering the safety of someone there).

As I have previously stated; this subject HAS been flogged and the above was the reached conclusion at this time.  While input is appreciated, reading the topic and absorbing the info is appreciated moreso.

Kyle Burrows
Army.ca Staff

Back