• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CBC Documentry on Airsoft in Canada *link to video inside*

D

D-n-A

Well, kinda, its a 7min segment on Airsoft in Canada

Also, it showcases the Airsoft Club I play with, BCAC
And I know most of the guys they interviewed and showed playing.

Plus, we don‘t "smuggle" in pieces to make the airsoft guns that are bought online... Theres retailers in Canada, an if somone did buy off a website(a non-canadian company), most of the parts would be seized(like upper/lower receivers, etc)

http://www.gitchieonline.com/vids_airsoft/cbc.mps
right click, save target as

How long ago was this segment done? I am looking to get an airsoft gun, and it most likely would have been from the states, and that certinly puts a damper on things if it gets seised, also, I have my PAL, so can I still get one, even tho they are being seised because they are ‘replica firearms‘. is there anyone who knows the specifics of this new bill?

You dont need a PAL to own a airsoft gun, and unless you have the right permit/license to import airsoft guns, it‘ll get seized.

Theres a lot of Canadian retailers to buy from.

http://www.specialops-airsoft.com is where I bought my airsoft gun from, he guy who runs it is based in Vancouver, BC.

ToRN before you try and buy something from the states you should try and find Canadian retailers. If you‘d like I can put you in contact with a retailer who is in Waterloo (sometimes, he is just there for university) If you pm me I can give a lot of information regarding airsoft and DNA and Yeoman should be able to give you even more info.

I like this airsoft article
http://www.ascforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=27973

"How do i make myself look like im in the JTF"
heh

WELL heres an idea. Get a little piece of cardboard, say the size of your hand. Paint it black, cut holes in the ends of it and thread an elastic band through it. Anytime someone goes to take your picture put the piece of black cardboard over your eyes. When the picture gets developed you have an instant jtf-eyes blacked out-picture.

.. well.. he‘s a turd.. like a lot of other kiddies on that forum, which is why I dont post that often on it anymore..

Who plays in or around Toronto. I would like to go to a game so I can decide whether I like it or not.

the only airsoft/paintball field I know of in that area is Flagraiders

http://www.flagraiders.com/
http://www.flagraiders.com/airsoft.html

the intro flash to that site is really cheesy...

Ya it‘s unfortinuate when a sport you like is ruined by knuckleheads.

Especially Knuckleheads who think it‘s fun to play airsoft in populated areas like a near by park, an people see them and call the cops. Kinda leaves a bad image of airsoft in the public eye.

Hey Slim there are two fields in/ near Toronto. One is SGT. Splatters- currently there are no games there and the other is in Caledonia is Deadlands. Then there is Flag Raiders in Cambridge. Go here to see where and when games are: http://www.ascforums.com/viewforum.php?f=7

Edit- You have to be sign/register to view that page

Thanks all.

Can someone tell me the range of an airsoft rifle or long rifle maybe?

Slim

I agree with the law, these weapons shouldnt be legal. People are going to start threatening other people with M16s and M249s replicas :eek:

You want to shoot at people? Join the army.
I hate how some people i know talk about paintball (in that case) and say that they are commandos or something.
I know a guy who is into paintball and hes says he often plays with the army and he always wins :rolleyes:

There will always be an idiot in the bunch...can‘t be helped, we‘re all human. The question really is; are we going to kneejerk and over react everytime someone does do something stupid? (remember the CAR?!)

I‘m not completely sure but I think stock rifles have about 60-100 feet on them depending on their barrel length. Upgraded guns, obviously, longer ranges because of either longer barrels or upgraded internals.

An stock rifle can shoot around 70-80 feet around. A stock one more.

A airsoft sniper rifle can shoot farther.

Da_man... first off, no one has ever been threathend with a airsoft AEG(as far as I know). If somone buys a airsoft gun just to threaten people, I doubt there gonna pay ($500 for a M16, or $1200 for a M249). Also, guess what, just cause you join the army doesn‘t mean your gonna go around shooting people.. Yes some people do stupid **** with airsoft guns, but their in the minority.

Airsoft is a fun sport, and it shoulden‘t be illegal, just because of a small percentage of idiots. Don‘t over react over it.

They should be regulated (ie no one under 18 can buy them), There was a case last year were a couple of idiots shot a young boy with a BB gun. He now has a metal pellet lodged in his brain. There was another example of a couple o genious‘ carjacking people in Scarborough with BB guns. Obviously these guys are in the minority, but they are the reasons why there needs to be stricter control on these things.

Also as an aside I think they could serve a useful purpose. Back in March my unit and the QOR got an airsoft place in London to come up to Moss Park build a "killing house" on the parade square, And we conducted OBUA training with their airsoft rifles in the facility. It save bothed units a large some of money in terms of Transportation/Lodging/Ammo.

BB guns at canadian tire at .177 cal BB are different from most airsoft.

This issue is very big but I don‘t want to see it spring up in here.. It‘s simply a little deconstructive.

Moss park?? When was this? It would have been nice to see that.

It was maybe 2 months ago. And hatchet man‘s right, it WAS really good training, saved the units a lot of cash, and got us more practice time than we woulh have had if we had to buss up to Meaford.

I would guess so...

Man, I wish I was there...

Was it only QOR? or did other units in the Armouries get in on the action?

Back