• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cartoon madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piper said:
Not yet, but it seems that this radical, western hating brand of Islam is growing, not receding.

And Tolerance from the West towards this religion as a whole is starting to diminish as the Islamic Silent Majority continues to keep quiet about these radicals and fanatics.... If they want any sympathy and understanding from us then they need to start speaking out against the acts of violence that their fellow Muslims are committing....
Otherwise worse case scenario I can see this whole thing turning into a new holy war... Crusades Part II anyone?

Nice rhetoric.  I'm willing to bet 48Highlander and others here have never even been to a Muslim country.  Respect for religion and culture works both ways.  That comes with growing up.

Frank

www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca
www.frankhudec.ca

Does India count? They are a great example of what happens when you have too much tolerance.

I think you just made combatcamera's  case....   

combatcamera said:
Nice rhetoric.  I'm willing to bet 48Highlander and others here have never even been to a Muslim country.  Respect for religion and culture works both ways.  That comes with growing up.

:D

Funny man.  Yes, you're right, after prancing around in foreign countries with a camera you are MUCH more qualified to comment on these things than we are.

Yes, respect for reliogion and culture goes both ways.  We were quite respectfull untill we realized that certain groups keep insulting us, keeps killing us, crashing airplanes into our buildings, beheading our civilians, attempting to tell us what we can and can't say, and generaly failing to return the respect and tolerance that we've been showing.  By your own rhetoric, we should be on the warpath by now.  If respect works both ways, how can anyone reasonably expect ANY citizen of a western nation to have respect for Muslim culture?

48Highlander said:
:D

Funny man.  Yes, you're right, after prancing around in foreign countries with a camera you are MUCH more qualified to comment on these things than we are.

Of COURSE I am, compared to someone like you who's never been anywhere!  Please fill us in on your worldly experiences - or have you ever been outside of Toronto? ;)

Frank

www.frankhudec.ca

Why must I respect Ideas I find abhorent? Must I respect that women are property? Must I respect a fathers right to murder his daughter for marrying who she wants? Homosexuality is punishable by death as well, its the law. My wife was almost killed in Saudi for shaving off a mans beard. She was a nurse and he was on a respirator and his beard was mouldy/causing infection. She was forced to watch public beheadings. How tolerant do I have to be?
  India allowed Sharia courts to have civil and even some criminal jurisdiction. Enshrined in the constitution since 1949. Governed by classical era Sharia standards. Hindu's are under the English common law system. India is a very good example of a country that has lived with a large Islamic community for centuries.

Here is an account of the first attempt at imposing Sharia law on India. Its a little dry but worth the read.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurangzeb

my 2 cents.

Piper said:
I say, time to start giving them a taste of their own medecine.  

I'm glad people like you aren't in the Canadian military.

Frank

www.frankhudec.ca

OK guys - back to debate and enough of the personal jabs. This appears to be heading for a lock - let's keep it on track. Thanks
:army:

Thanks for stepping in.  I always love when you ask some posters here for their "operational" experience to back up their incredulous statements -  how some simply slink away. ;)

Frank

www.frankhudec.ca

"The modern concept of freedom of speech on political and religious matters arises from the European Enlightenment of the 1700s and was alien to religions such as Christianity and Judaism in their pre-modern forms. Similarly, Sharia law in its most vigorous interpretations does not allow freedom of speech on such matters as criticism of the prophet Muhammad.

The Qur'an says that Allah curses the one who harms the Prophet in this world and He connected harm of Himself to harm of the Prophet. There is no dispute that anyone who curses Allah is killed and that his curse demands that he be categorized as an unbeliever. The judgement of the unbeliever is that he is killed. [...] There is a difference between ... harming Allah and His Messenger and harming the believers. Injuring the believers, short of murder, incurs beating and exemplary punishment. The judgement against those who harm Allah and His Prophet is more severe -- the death penalty. ("The proof of the necessity of killing anyone who curses the Prophet or finds fault with him" [9])
On the other hand, the denial of freedom of speech by Muslims is not only restricted to those Muslims supporting the most vigorous interpretations. In Egypt, public authorities went so far as to try to annul, without his consent, the marriage of Prof. Nasr Abu Zayd when he got in conflict with an orthodox Islamic cleric from the Al-Azhar University in Cairo. The cleric had condemned Abu Zayd's reading of the Qur'an as being against the orthodox interpretation and labelled him an apostate (seen as a non-believer and consequently not permitted to marry or stay married to a Muslim woman). Abu Zayd fled to the Netherlands, where he is now a professor at the university of Leiden. Nevertheless, the case illustrates how far more common or average interpretations can go."

So rude cartoons are punishable by death.
P.S. combatcamera you are the one posturing without content.

Nemo888 said:
P.S. combatcamera you are the one posturing without content.

Good one,

I'm sure you didn't write that babble from your "own" experience.  More like Wilkepedia, eh!? ;)

Frank

www.frankhudec.ca

Okay back to the Muslims.
In three Islamic countries we have had three recent electoral changes in government, Palestine, Iran and Iraq. To some extent a more radical fashion of government is in charge. These cartoons were published initially over 4 months ago with hardly a whisper. Now with the recent government changes a furor has been whipped up. Good way of getting everyone to see your government as the "new" savior of Islam and it gives certain segments of the population a chance to demonstrate their loyalty to their new government. Next having watched several different news broadcasts(CNN, BBC, CBC..........) it seems the young bull horn instigators are all getting instructions from just off camera view. Are we getting a true picture? Oh and my first trip to a Muslim country was in 1976.

Perhaps thats why it  in quotes?

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/alshifa/pt4ch1sec2.htm

I'm beginning to feel like I brought a gun to a knife fight CC, lol

Nemo888 said:
Perhaps thats why it  in quotes?

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/alshifa/pt4ch1sec2.htm

Good info, but if you're going to quote someone else make sure you ALWAYS either provide a link (if it's online) or a reference (if it's from a book).  It shouldn't be neccesary for people to ask you about it.

Oh, and you're best off adding cameraboy aka Frank the Tank to your ignore list.  I've yet to see the man actually add anything useful to these forums.  Lurkers and trolls genrealy aren't worth arguing with.

Nice try troops,

I've only been asking for YOUR operational experience in these countries, which I believe to be NONE.  That's like ZERO - though you're always entitled to your opinions and writing here.  I really hate reading BS from people who haven't been anywhere who spout opinions on worldly matters, especially when it borders on hate.  That's sad.  Just remember, you're not taken very seriously at all as any kind of expert -1,400 posts-and-all - or even worth debating with. ;)

Frank

www.frankhudec.ca

I have been to India and studied Hinduism, Buddhism and a bit on Indian history to put it in context. Muslims are roughly 17% of the Urban populous and 11% of the rural. Though some provinces like Kashmir are a Muslim majority. Our current problems are their ancient problems. Why reinvent the wheel. Why do I need to go to a completely Muslim country to defend my cultural ideals from a troll? 

I'm counting at least three trolls in this topic......and I am tired of the name calling.

I'm locking this up now.

Any problems or further comments can be directed to the Staff.  If it is relevant to this topic, it will be included.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back