• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Career Options

CBAtt

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello again.
I am sure, this has been posted a lot. Sorry, I am having such a hard time figuring out what I want to do with myself. I am going back to school to upgrade before I join so I can do more things then just min requiments plus my spelling sucks.
Anywho,
I want to be a Pilot, combat eng, infantry, Special forces, Sar tech, diver, play with tanks, learn medical stuff. I am just stumped, I dont want to waste the recruiters time too because hes super busy anyways thats why I am here.
How did you choose your career and why?
Thanks for putting up with my questions.
Thanks
Chris

CBAtt said:

You might find this recent thread of interest.:
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/90086.0

Thanks!
Just so many exciting careers to pick from. All of them, I want to do all haha.

CBAtt said:
Hello again.
I am sure, this has been posted a lot. Sorry, I am having such a hard time figuring out what I want to do with myself. I am going back to school to upgrade before I join so I can do more things then just min requiments plus my spelling sucks.
Anywho,
I want to be a Pilot, combat eng, infantry, Special forces, Sar tech, diver, play with tanks, learn medical stuff. I am just stumped, I dont want to waste the recruiters time too because hes super busy anyways thats why I am here.
Thanks for putting up with my questions.
Thanks
Chris

If anything my English is not the best either, but there is always room to improve no? :)

Your right the forces does offer so many careers and they're are so many to choose from. First and foremost you have to decide if you want to go Army , Air Force or Navy . Once you choose an element you have to choose what trade. From what I understand no matter what trade you go you'll learn a lot. But you probably want a trade you will stick with and really enjoy doing.

I'm sure this has been pointed out before but I'll point it out again. http://www.forces.ca/ has a job explorer tab where you can view many of the trades the Military has to offer. You can also narrow it down to education level, hot trades, etc.., Also many of those trades if you click on them have in depth descriptions and even video's. Once you narrow say 3 trades that you like I suggest searching on this website on these trades. This will allow you to get a more in depth look for each one.

In the end we cant really tell you what trade you'll like best, that's up to you! The suggestions posted above are exactly what I did when trying to decide my trade. I'm currently still doing paper work for Reg force from reserve. I also tried to ask a lot of people.

Hope this helps :)

Back